Pig Bomb, anyone watch this on DC last night?

Kentuck

Reaction score
Pretty interesting documentary on wild pigs. I haven't watched all of it yet but it looks like that some are trying to find a link between our pigs and Europe's wild pigs. Showed some big nasty russian pigs. Man those suckers get big!

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
ALL PIGS MUST DIE!!! THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH THE THEME OF THAT SHOW..
MAYBE THE OBAMA CAMP WILL SPONSER A COUNTRY WIDE HOG ERADICATION PROGRAM... I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED.. ALSO THEY WERE TRYING TO PAINT A
PICTURE OF SOME KIND OF 'SUPER HOG' THAT MAY SOMEDAY TAKE OVER...
MAN I HAVE A HARD TIME WATCHING CRAP LIKE THAT..BUT I DID..GREAT ENTERTAINMENT..BETTER STOCK UP ON YOUR COPPER..THE SWINES A COMING:pig-laughing::lol bashing sign:

Vermonster

Reaction score
I was going to post this also. I watched it, really enjoyed it. I feel the way to control them is hunting, which means some of those farmers are going to have to allow it on their land.

zenhunter

Reaction score
I went deer hunting in Iowa in November and got the hunting reg booklet.

For bobcats, varmints, birds, and especially deer it was the usual 18 paragraphs of complicated regulations...

For pigs it just said, and I quote: "Shoot on sight."

Marty

Reaction score
I saw some of it too. Good show. There was one part where they said: sport hunting would not be effective enough to control the population. (paraphrased) Which may be true; however, it does serve the purpose. And doing nothing will...

Kentuck

Reaction score
I thought it was interesting when they were talking to that one dog runner. He mentioned that most of hogs today will run a long ways before getting bayed. He said when he first started they wouldn't run far at all.

Huntin G

Reaction score
Pretty cool show to watch. I doubt Obama will do anything to encourage hunting. Maybe he will implement a special hog season with rock throwing as the method of take.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty cool show to watch. I doubt Obama will do anything to encourage hunting. Maybe he will implement a special hog season with rock throwing as the method of take.
classic:rotflmao: we are'nt to far off from the rock throwing days im afraid:skeered:

PaPaBob

Reaction score
More than likely Obama the Messiah will institute a new social welfare program to provide birthcontrol pills to be mixed with bait to keep them from multiplying . . . . I think there are human programs the libs have instituted in the past that had the same ring . . . LOL

sdbowyer

Reaction score
I enjoyed it even though there was some silliness included like the "perfect storm" scenario and the size exagerations. I didn't get any negative vibes about hunting or hunters so that is a good step for a Discovery Channel program. In fact there were lots of hunting references and input from hunters. I wished it wasn't so focused on the Southeast and included some info about California and the history there. They never even mentioned the Hurst angle.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
the hurst angle is definetly a FACTOR! i hunt 10 miles east of there and promise you ..there is no shortage of swine!! GOD BLESS RANDOLPH HURST!!!!!!! IF HE ONLY KNEW WHAT HE CREATED!!! that man has helped pay my mortgage for many years!!!!

myfriendis410

Reaction score
the hurst angle is definetly a FACTOR! i hunt 10 miles east of there and promise you ..there is no shortage of swine!! GOD BLESS RANDOLPH HURST!!!!!!! IF HE ONLY KNEW WHAT HE CREATED!!! that man has helped pay my mortgage for many years!!!!
And you want to "kill 'em all?"

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
410... there is such a thing as being "facetious" sounds like you've been around long enough in the hog killing industry to "get it".. once again, god bless randolph, to whom we
owe our success...he and the "spaniards":pig-laughing::chainsaw:

Use_Enough_Gun

Reaction score
More than likely Obama the Messiah will institute a new social welfare program to provide birthcontrol pills to be mixed with bait to keep them from multiplying . . . . I think there are human programs the libs have instituted in the past that had the same ring . . . LOL
PaPaBob...you're not far off! If you read between the lines of what the Fish & Game guy said--"hunting" alone will not put a dent in the hog population. Full scale depredation may be put in place to include sterilization on a mass scale. Of course those sterilization drugs would work their way into the ecosystem but I'm sure ALL the consequences have been fully thought out...

Just like when Mao decided to get rid of all the birds in China by putting a bounty on them--and when they were almost extinct the insects swarmed like plagues. Who'da thunk it???

Also notable was the "blame" put on sport hunting for causing the rapid spread in the hog's range. Unfortunately it's probably true (trap and release)...but the solution isn't to exclude us (I hope).

Kansas and Nebraska have banned ALL feral hog hunting on pubic land because they believe to allow hunting would encourage "game ranches" with trapped/released hogs which would eventually escape/breed/etc. ...FYI.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Kansas and Nebraska have banned ALL feral hog hunting on pubic land because they believe to allow hunting would encourage "game ranches" with trapped/released hogs which would eventually escape/breed/etc. ...FYI

They banned it because too many idiots out there will trap and transport hogs to create a huntable population. Where'd they get that idea? Because it's happening all over the place, legal or not. You don't even have to try all that hard to find someone who will help you do it.

Sport hunting will NOT stop the spread of wild hogs. In most cases, it's barely going to serve as a management tool, and will never work for eradication.

The show had a lot of B.S. moments, but there's a lot of reality there too. We don't know what the impact will be if we see CA or TX sized hog populations in all 50 states. Maybe it'll be nothing, but the potential damage to agricultural interests alone is likely to be devastating (look at the billions of dollars of damage done by whitetails now). The sky may not be falling, but the Fish and Game biologists and state officials are covering their butts now, because they'll get the blame if it turns bad.

Oh, and it wasn't Hearst... it was George Gordon Moore that turned the European wild boar loose in Monterey County. Hearst was actually a little pissed when Moore's hogs showed up at San Simeon.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
strong words as usual speck!! i concure with your statement 100%:toast-yellow:

bmtoth

Reaction score
it was kind of funny to see at the end where they predict the hogs will get bigger because of natural selection- weigh up to a ton, be six feet tall, have 5 inch tusks and run 70 miles an hour.

Use_Enough_Gun

Reaction score
Speck--we agree! (and more)...

They banned it because too many idiots out there will trap and transport hogs to create a huntable population. Where'd they get that idea? Because it's happening all over the place, legal or not. You don't even have to try all that hard to find someone who will help you do it.
My point exactly. We're saying (and so is the state) the same thing. They are "out in front" in their minds by enacting the outright ban after having seen what wildlife biologists contend is the unnaturally rapid increase in the range of feral hogs in the USA.

They don't want Joe six pack with a few sections of bottom land bringing in hogs and setting them loose to he can begin charging guys $x/day and $x trophy fee--not realizing what the eventually loosed hogs will do to the ag. system and local wildlife.

So--in a backhanded way the are pointing at "hunting" as a culprit--not necessarily hunters. Cart before the horse--but if you look at if from their point of view it does make sense.

Yet--if and when the hogs do arrive I think keeping hunters out of the population control mix is a mistake. They can give incentives to land-owners to allow responsible hunting to take place (Colorado's done and excellent job with elk this way).

I simply hate to see the things like the "Santa Rosa" solution of total eradication as proposed by Boxer/Feinstein to the "problem" (NO PROBLEM) "posed" by Roosevelt Elk.

For those who don't know...Wholesale destruction of every ungulate--Roosevelt Elk and Kaibab Mule Deer--IS HAPPENING NOW on Santa Rosa Island, California and will be done in less than two years unless someone intervenes.

These are some of the largest/healthiest Elk in North America. Free from chronic wasting disease--a repository of superior genetics. But the hyper psycho "environmentalists" have convinced the politicians that they're "invasive" and should be TOTALLY eradicated.

By their logic--so should we. I'm not kidding--and most of them would agree. This is totally INSANE--and driven by two liberal non-hunter politicians. No--insane is not a strong enough phrase...

This is a tragedy beyond belief. Click the link below for some more details:

NRA-ILA :: Provision By Senators Boxer And Feinstein Passes Senate-- Will Exterminate All Santa Rosa Elk And Mule Deer

myfriendis410

Reaction score
410... there is such a thing as being "facetious" sounds like you've been around long enough in the hog killing industry to "get it".. once again, god bless randolph, to whom we
owe our success...he and the "spaniards":pig-laughing::chainsaw:
Sorry, dude. I'm kind of at the front down here on preaching restraint before pulling the trigger. But we have a LOT of pressure down here on the hogs.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom