Pig calls

bohunter3

Reaction score
Just wondering,
Does anyone use any type of "Call" to attract hogs. Do you make any sounds to attract them, or get them to stop?

Use_Enough_Gun

Reaction score
Pig pipe

Just wondering,
Does anyone use any type of "Call" to attract hogs. Do you make any sounds to attract them, or get them to stop?
Can't say I attracted 'em...but did find some. Hunting EARLY morning until about 0930. Nothing moved so my buddy and I got up, stretched--kicked around and made all kinds of noise (for hunting that is)...

Decided to take my pig pipe out and give it a few grunts. No sooner than I had I huffed the thing--BAM! :pig-laughing::pig-laughing::pig-laughing::pig-laughing::pig-laughing: 4-5 pigs go crashing out of their beds not more than 100 feet from us. REAL thick stuff. They moved out like a Le Mans start.

So now when all else fails it's my "weapon of choice" if I'm up on a pig bed and want to try to flush them.

Krisdude

Reaction score
I've got one and it hasn't produced for me yet then I think they do need to be close by

hunterdoug

Reaction score
bohunter I always have one on a lanyard I use the boss hawg the most success I've had is low short grunts this has a calming effect I had a group I stalked at about thirty yrds and moma sow spotted me and gave an alert sound and I followed with calm grunts and they all went back to feeding did this for about ten minutes back and forth they can be usefull
and do work but like any call you'll have some trial and error hope this helps good luck :pig-laughing:

easymoney

Reaction score
IMHO, work great on coyotes, but I never have seen any reaction from the pigs...

hiline345

Reaction score
The 2009 July /August issue of BOAR HUNTER magazine has a article about hog calling written by Glenn Guess.

Top Bottom