Pig club or lease - Sacramento valley

Straight Green

Hi there,

Didn't realize this forum was still going and glad to discover it again. So, little background, i'm 36, lifetime hunter and used to hunt 100 days/year but life, my business, kids, wife etc. has slowed it up drastically over the past 7 years. I've got 3 boys, oldest is 8 and they are loving fly fishing for trout and local stripers and the few times we've went out for ducks/pheasants.

Given my time commitments to life, i'm trying to find a hunting club or lease for pigs within 2-3 hours drive of Sacramento for a place i could start to take my oldest out with me hunting. I'm primarily focused on archery hunting them both with my compound and trad bow but figured i would have to take one with a gun if hunting with my son(s). I've looked into WU but i'd much prefer to join a smaller group and have a place i would build as a tradition for my kids for years to come. I think there is something special about a specific place year over year that you get to build lasting memories. If i'm lucky i would be able to hunt 7-8 days per year and would be weekdays most likely given sports schedules on the weekend.

I was hoping someone might have a lead on a quality club that would fit the profile. I don't mind spending money for quality hunting and more importantly a safe and good environment for my son.

I'm also looking for a place to take them to hunt turkeys strictly with a bow if someone has a lead here. My oldest is getting pretty good with his bow too so perhaps next season he'd be able to try his luck or potentially get him a cross bow.

BTW, some may say just go with a guide. That's just not me. I like the hunt of finding my own game, making my own plan, failure and success. I just need a place that provides quality opportunities as the "take" is not main objective. I've got good references as a hunter and insurance is not a problem either. Please feel free to PM me for any information not wanted to be public. thanks for your time.

Straight Green

I've also got a fully remodeled 2 bedroom condo in downtown Ketchum, ID that provides a great vacation/ski place or place to stage for hunting elk/mule deer to trade.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

I think the perfect place for u to hunt archery for pig or deer is at Lake Sonoma. Its the best public land to hunt for wild pigs for the cost of $35. For park hunting registration fee. It so close to u only about an 1 1/2 from u. They have jr. turkey hunts there also u can look Into. Its strictly archery there and u can u crossbow there too.
But if u ever decide u might want to try a guide u can't go wrong with Jayson C. He knows that lake and park very well especially for pigs. I have hunted with him in the past he a good freind and great great guy for sure 100%. the wild pig season started this weekend at the lake and runs till march 25th. They have a awesome outdoor archery range there too. Hope this helps. And if u decide to get a crossbow spend the money on a excalibur.....tra

20191110_163449.jpg

20191110_163713-picsay.jpg

Top Bottom