PIG/TURKEY COMBO!!!

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Dude--you're killing me. Another fat-assed trophy pig....

Okay, once again; CONGRATULATIONS!! More pics please!

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
it does,nt happen this way all the time, right place right time
somehow the stars have aligned
and bingo, pig/turkey combo

Attachments

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
i will also post this adventure in the turkey forum with the details on this mornings large gobbler harvest

daddy63

Reaction score
Congrats again... it's getting harder and harder to see every week though. You're killin me.

kelly106

Reaction score
Yep, congrats again, time to see a bow with all youre pics though, youre to good with guns, looks like its not fair,lol, youre a machine, look forward to next week, until then buy another freezer!

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
thanks guys,kelly, i retired my bow this season,after center punching a HUGE TOM on opening day
and watching him fly off into no mans land as i went to recover him, somehow my bow
went hurling off the cliff,has not shot the same since
looking into a new one
before archery deer this year,damn shame too,that bow and i went back many,many years

bigworm

Reaction score
Nice combo hatchet. The bird looks like a good one.

rnjwildhoghunts

Reaction score
Nice hog, can't wait for the write up on this one, the last forty have been good ones

kelly106

Reaction score
I was just givin ya a hard time Hatchet, I look forward to youre stories every week, wishing I was in youre shoes, RNJ said it pretty good, and I look forward to the next forty!

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
the short version as i know we have all heard it before...
glassed till almost dark thirty with less than 10 minutes of legal shootin time left i figured it was abust and i would concentrate on turkeys in the morning{please see turkey forum for details on that harvest] i start to gather up my gear and give one last look around, i was watching a pasture full of cattle
when the cattle are around feasting ,you can better believe the eating machines [HOGS} will show up at some
point to get there fair share of what the bovine are eating.i pick out 4 new additons to the heard, tan in color and
quite abit smaller PIGS!! as i glass um up i see that the largest hog is wet with about 7 or 8 future strappers.[MORALLY WRONG}in my opinion to hammer as you are just screwing yourself for future tuskers.
i determine that 3 are sows and one is a small boar, figured i,d keep some seed and let the smaller boar walk
and pulled down on the nice fat tight bellied girl in the front, not wanting any pass thru,s, i almost walked her as they were in and out of the cattle not presenting with a money shot, finally she stepped away from the cows and i could see a nice solid background behind her,i barked one off out of old faithful and down she went!! the other,s went about there buisness
like {cool more food for me now} as i approached, the cattle swarmed me!! they stampeded my pig and finally left.
then the work began as i cannot drive avehicle into this particular pasture per land owner request[ALWAYS DO WHAT LAND OWNER WANTS AND MORE} if you expect to be envited back!! so after a long dragg with the glenns deer handle,
i make it to the quad and the rest is in my aching back today, i,ll say it again ,i cant wait till my 3 boys are old enough to
start packin for dad
{note the eye of the tiger look on those guys!!}

Attachments

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Congrats!

Great job again Hatchet !

AZ Jim

Speckmisser

Reaction score
OK dude... now you're just pissing me off.

Seriously, way to go... I can see from the pic of the little demons that you need to keep plenty of fresh meat in the freezer!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Now I get it. You have to hunt and kill so much every week just to keep those gremlins fed. With food prices skyrocketing this is how you cope. Now it all makes sense.

You are a stone cold killer.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
its all about keepin the crumb snatchers fed
if i dont, i might wake up with an arm missing
and the smell of fresh meat on the bbq with the boys standin around drinkin capri suns tellin how
they crept up on the old man while he was asleep and hacked off an arm cause they were hungry

man, they already have that look in thier eye...eye of the tiger baby

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
great story and photo's hatchet! thanks for keeping the hog forum alive and kickin!..................tra

Latest Posts

Top Bottom