Pike rep0rt

erickrschaefer

Reaction score
I read this report on the Kittery trading post Website.

"Ice conditions prevented many anglers from venturing forth on the ice, but those that tried on January 1st and the weekend achieved varying degrees of success. At Long Pond, several pike were checked, with a 42.5-inch, 20-pound trophy iced just north of Green Island. This fish was disgorging small landlocked alewives as were all fish checked the first few days. Anglers seeking success in the Belgrades from Great Pond downstream should locate where the schools of alewives are hanging out. In my experience at Great Pond, I found that the deeper water held the alewives and the predator fish were with them and feeding heavily."

bigbuck270

Reaction score
My shack is on Messalonskee at the second island. I have fished there twice with very little lick. we did manage to get a few splake but no pike yet. Last year I had one 37" and broke several others off. If you go to Great, try off Chute island, I hear they are doing really well on big browns and a few pike. I still do not trust long yet. All it is is a frozen river. Im sure I will try is soon. I think the next record will be out of great. It's big water with lots of feed.

Old Shep

Reaction score
Long was looking pretty solid yesterday.. Lots of snowmobile tracks on the north end that you could see from the road.. Didn't see anyone fishing though but it was Friday.

Top Bottom