• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Pilibos Questions

First time putting in for state-land dove hunts and my son and I drew Pilibos for the afternoon 9/1 hunt. Till now we've been heading down to El Centro, hunting unposted fields there and enjoying the action. The drive up to Pilibos would be just as long as the drive to the Imperial Valley. Is there anyone who's hunted both who can say if it's worth it? I suppose we could scratch out a morning hunt somewhere else in the San Joaquin Valley, but I have no leads.

Any help appreciated.-WB

Limited Out

Get there a day early, Saturday, do a bit of scouting and have a back up plan. The Imperial valley has lots of options, but is much hotter.

Thanks, LO. I guess the weekend opener should probably figure in my decision, too. Good spots in I.V. are probably going to be crowded.

Limited Out

We have been able to avoid the crowds down there, for the last few years, by having 4-5 real good spots pre-scouted. These are kind of out of the way places where no one thinks there would be any birds. We try and hunt down there 2-3 times a month all year so it's hard not to have a bit of knowledge rub off on ya. Two years ago we were forced to hunt a spot from lack of planning, every man and his dog was around their. Guys were running over in front of me and picking up birds that I know I shot. Kind of comical really, what a show. To tell you the truth I haven't been shot in a long while. We stopped at the Wister trailer store on the way home for a soda and about every person in line said they had been shot in one form or another. Opening Day how could you miss it!

Top Bottom