Pine Martin

hommer

Reaction score
I think this is a pine martin, but I'm not sure. any idea?                                                                                                                                                                                                                         http://www.d.umn.edu/~dhomich/himages/pinemartin.jpg

gizz

Reaction score
Looks like a pine martin to me.
That's a nice pic!

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi hommer,
Nice pic!
I'd agree with upnorthunter on that one - though I've never seen a fisher with a head that light (most of them here are uniform dark brown)
Pine martens typically have a light colored throat area (buff to light rusty orange-ish in good light) - this guy has a dark throat.

Archilochus

JoeD

Reaction score
Nice picture!  I have a few pictures of fisher cats that I got last spring. Here's one of them.

davered1

Reaction score
definately a fisher,pine martin are no where near that size,even a large marten would only be 4 or 5 inches to shoulder.Nice pic though

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Neat pics. I know what a fisher looks like but when I saw a pine martin I didn't even have a clue what that was. Learn sumpin new everyday.

Do you see these fishers a lot or are they shy and nocturnal?

davered1

Reaction score
hommer,

these are pine marten,fresh from the trap line.Notice the size difference?

(Edited by davered1 at 6:28 pm on Nov. 10, 2001)

hommer

Reaction score
daverd1  were do you find all them pine martins, thats cool.                                                                                                    Spectr I've gotten two pics at two differant times both at night. I've seen one dead on the road and one alive crossing the road  during the day, but thats it in the last 38 years.

davered1

Reaction score
Hommer,

Just pulled traps from line last week, Total was 75 marten,2 coyotes and 1 lynx.

Moved in closer and am trapping just coyote and wolves , possibly a bobcat but we don't have many of them.

Top Bottom