pir/camera mounting

coyotehunters

Reaction score
i have just finished my first hamiton board and was trying to mount it in a 6" x 6" x 6" pvc box and was wondering if anyone has ever mounted the pir above the camera instead of below it like i see in most of the pictures here. if i put the camera under the pir i can elimanate the need to install a shelf for the camera to sit on. will it work as well this way

deerdad

Reaction score
I use the ms20 sensor with a 6x6x4 electrical box
and have it mounted above the camera. I don't think
it matters a whole lot as long as you have the room
and nothing is in the way of your camera lens.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I don't think it will matter much. I use a 6x6x6 box like you are talking about but I mount my camera on top.

Hey Boy

Reaction score
If you put it on top you can drill a 1/2" hole and have a window to see how many pictures you've taken. Cut a piece of eisenglass ( the clear stuff used by boat fabric people) the size of a US quarter and silicone that sucka right over the 1/2" hole and have an awesome viewing window for my battery indicator and exposures. If you puy it on the bottom  you are SOL.     ADIOS  MUCHACHOS

HEY BOY

bat

Reaction score
TNDEERHUNTER....That is a very good looking setup.  What do you use for the rainshield over the shutter and flash?  
Hey Boy does that eisenglass lay flat or does it have a curviture to it.  I'm trying to think of something that has a little bubble and be strong enought to use for the site window that would allow the dew/water to roll off the site window and not bubble up with water.

woodsman

Reaction score
TNDEERHUNTER looks good I like the leaves give it a 3D effect .I dont think it matters, sensor on top or bottum as long as you can get your cam out  to replace film or bats I see no problem.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Thanks guys, Bat,that is a piece of aluminum that I covered with camo tape. Seems to work good. I didn't mention in my first post but like Hey Boy mentioned,I do something similar. I put a magnifying glass (from an eyeglass repair kit)on the top of mine so I can see how many pics have been taken.This is very handy.
Woodsman, my wife still hassles me about taking her flower arrangements apart.I don't know how functional it really is but it looks good.

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 7:26 am on Mar. 4, 2002)

Rooter

Reaction score
Where do you guys get the electrical boxes and how much do they cost?  I assume they are waterproof.
Is the camo tape?

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I bought mine at Menards and Home Depot, I think they were around $12-14. I used cloth came tape on mine, the duct tape was too shiny. I switched over to pelican and lexan boxes, they are a little smaller and you don't need to bring a screwdriver into the woods and loose screws in the snow. The pelican stlye boxes don't cost much more either. But they do give you lots of room, if you want to use bigger/more batteries.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom