PIR Field of view Restrictor

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I've been geting a lot of pictures of squrils, birds and nothing.  The nothings are always several pictures in a row with something in one of them, so I dont think they are false triggers.

I have moved my lense to about 7/8" to limit my ms20 range down to 35 feet or so but still the nothing pics.
I made a filter to limit the field of view and give me the ability to change it based on camera location.

I made a little cardbord stencil with holes ranging from 1/4" to 1" like in the pic.  I made a little sleave that I can tape to the inside of my enclosure, centered over the fresnal lens and slide the stencil back and forth to vary the field of view of the sensor.  It works great in testing .  You can even stop it high and limit the vertical field of view as well.

You could do the same thing externaly with plexiglass.  I'm gonna punch some out of thin aluminum.

Gee Whiz, It looks terribly up close like that

Ment to add:  you could do the same thing with a little wheel

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 10:27 pm on Mar. 14, 2002)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
You can use the lenses from Glolab or Fresnel tech and they have one circular configuration which gives you a field of detection of 10 degrees.  I get zero pictures of squirrels unless they jump up on a tree or I put the camera low.
The MS20 lens has multiple zones angled down I think too which helps it pick up low objects

(Edited by Brian at 10:42 pm on Mar. 14, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
You can also just tape the front of lens and remove it depending on what you want to trigger cam

But then how is my marten going to trip my camera 60 or 70 times??

I also swap out my ms20 lens for the RS lens sometimes,works good.

:smiley-thumbs-up:

(Edited by davered1 at 10:50 pm on Mar. 14, 2002)

Rooter

Reaction score
I have been using duct tape.  Ah a thousand uses for the stuff.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom