PIR's, ms20 vs. Radio shacks 49-425

jbaldrich1

Reaction score
Hi,

I have built a trail camera with the ms20 PIR. I have been having alot of problems with false pics. Could some one please tell me if Radio shacks 49-425 is a better choice before I go out & buy the kit.If this PIR kit will get rid of my problem, then could anyone tell me how cold this PIR will operate too. I hunt in northern Wisconsin & would like to keep the camera out to x-mas, which at times can get to 0 degrees F. If the radio shack PIR will not do it can anyone tell me of another alternative please.
I could really use some one's help please.....

Thankyou to all my fellow hunters.

jbaldrich1

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
jbaldrich1, Welcome to JHP!!! I only use the RS PIR and I get very few false pics.Here in TN it has been over 95 degrees this year and I still only get one or two false pics per roll. One thing before you give up on the MS20 PIR is to check the battery. If the power gets low you will get alot of false pics. Also don't hang your cam on small trees because when the wind blows it will trip your cam. I have found that if there is a cedar or pine tree out in front of my cam this will set it off too.Well I don't know about how well they hold up in the cold.Last year it only got down to about 4 degrees here and mine did fine. I think davered1 uses them and he lives in Canada. Good luck I hope I helped.

Top Bottom