Pistol Case Trail Cam box

VA Hunter

Reaction score
Hi,
   I want to make a trail cam out of a pistol box but I dont want to take my camera apart.  I know there are solenoids but how would I mount one in a pistol case?  Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks,

Bubba

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 VA Hunter,Hey Big welcome to JHP,im not able to help you on this but someone will be able to.May i ask what Camera you have? is it one of the Canons?

VA Hunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.  Yeah, There are two, the Canon Sure Shot Owl (slide switch)and the round switch version.  I dont know how I would mount the solenoid on there.  Thanks,
  Bubba

shufigo

Reaction score
VA Hunter, welcome to the Page.. My only input is the experiences I've had with the solenoid rig put out by Buckshot.  Bottom line is I'd really rethink my decision to go solenoid instead of IR. There's a reason about 99% of the posts are on the IR instead of the solenoid. I've had Buckshot do 3 parts replacements on their (commerical) solenoid rig so far, and it's still not right -- too many moving parts! Once the IR rig is set up, it stays set up unless find a way to break it. Just my .02 worth. (By the way, I live in Yorktown.  If you live near the Tidewater, I'd be happy to give what help I could getting you going).

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
VA, I would highly recommend you hack one, or have someone do it. If its a matter of still wanting to use the cam outside the box, that is normally not a problem. Just install some plugins.

VA Hunter

Reaction score
Hey Shufigo,
   We live pretty close to each other!  I live in Old Oyster Point.  I live by the Camelot apartments, unforunitly, in Newport News.  I own 15 acres in King and Queen county.  Yeah, maybe we can get together! That'd be cool, thanks.  I have thought about an IR camera but I dont know how to rig it up.  Maybe you could help me with that.  Would I need IR Camera or could I use the Canon Sure Shot Owl?  Thanks,

Bubba

Top Bottom