PIX Universal Board Template

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
Bill now has the template for his new board on his website. Just click on the image of the board and then click on "smaller in size" text link. It will take you to the page for the PDF download.

Stever

Reaction score
I am just finishing with the pix controller older version, Bill really is the man this board is slick! His patience with my questions are truely appreciated.

bat

Reaction score
Hey Ogre, how did you reduce it in size? It prints out to be 9" high and 4.25" in height when I print it. Thanks for the tip on the template.
bat

D Letho

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for it , here is the link !

Printed out fine for me

Don

Attachments

bat

Reaction score
Don did you just click on the printer icon in the pdf file or what?
bat

D Letho

Reaction score
Bat ,

I click on the printer icon on my tool bar . Printed out fine .

Here is what I got .

Don

Attachments

Southbow

Reaction score
Hey Bat,
I just printed it from the link above and it came out in actual size. After you click on the printer icon and the print properties box pops up, make sure Paper Scaling is NOT set to FIT TO PAGE.

I've got an off topic question while I've got your attention. Why isn't someone building the slave flash boards that Jon used to sell?

My nephew is majoring in electrical engineering and I had him take a look at the schematics on Jon's board this weekend and he said he could make one up for me. Said it's not that hard.

I'm suprised someone hasn't been making these and selling them with the high demand there seems to be. Are some of the guys making them just for their personal use?

chris

D Letho

Reaction score
HMMMMMM to the off topic question !

Can he make a few extra ??????

Don

bat

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will try it again to see how it does.

On the off topic piece. I would check with Jon to see if he is ok with someone doing this before going public with it. He came up with this board so I would show him the respect of making sure he is ok with it. I could use a couple myself but I wouldn't want to build one just like his unless I got permission to do so. Copyright stuff you understand might come into play... don't know. Just ole bat's
for what it's worth.
bat

bat

Reaction score
Now "who" put that darn "check mark" in my printer properties on print to full page??

That got it Southbow, thanks! Man that is a little ole board compared to the older RSS....
bat

btw, welcome to the forum Southbow!

Southbow

Reaction score
My nephew is very serious about college. He's a senior this year and going for his masters and maybe a PHD next. He wouldn't have time to build them to sell.

Your right Bat, I would definitely check with Jon before I suggested something like that to him, but do you think I would need to ask Jon before he built one for my use? He posted the schematics and went into lots of detail on some of the post about how it's done. I assumed there were probably some guys out there making their own using Jon's schematics. I'd appreciate your opinion on this.

thanks,
chris

bat

Reaction score
Southbow it probably wouldn't hurt just to drop him a email on it. I am sure that someone is probably doing this already for their own cams. I was just thinking about if someone was to try to sell their copies of it before checking with him on it. We had an old agreement among ourselves that we wouldn't do this. It just creates trouble among the members.

Hopefully it want be long till his family are all doing well and he is back to providing them for us.

We are off the main topic so we should start a new one with this subject if needed. Sorry Ogre for getting off your topic somewhat.

bat

Haymaker

Reaction score
Boy, you guys are good. I just posted that last night and didn't have time to tell anyone yet. Thanks for helping out with the printing stuff too. You guys are first rate!

TheOtherPikeCounty

Reaction score
Is there a project box that this fits into that anyone knows of yet? I like the box for protection even though it eats up room in the case.

skinny

Reaction score
let me get this right before i go cutting stuff up the universal, its actual size measures 1 1/2" x 3 1/4" is this correct

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
The size is correct.

Bat,
Sorry for not getting back sooner... I had to tend to little ones last night. The first time I printed mine, it came out supersized and then went in and changed the settings. I should have posted to check this early in the thread.

Muddy Z

Reaction score
Some of us aren't as quick as others so bear with me here.

I just ordered a Universal from pixcontroller. I am guesssing you guys are already building your case and so forth using this template to go off of?

If so you guys are sneaky!

bat

Reaction score
np Ogre, as you can see we "always" have someone that is willing to help us out. Even the newer folks get in the act and that is a super good thing. I was about to get sleepy last night so I didn't have my thinking cap on. Thanks again fellow for getting me on the right path with the printing.
bat

Ocmulgee Ogre

Reaction score
Muddy,
You are correct...about the sneaky part, that is.

I'm predrilling and 3D camoing my cases so when the cards are in, I can assemble quickly and get them out in the field.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom