Pix Universal to camera question

g-hog

Reaction score
Just got my PixUniversal card (thanks Bill) and was wondering, there are several options to hook this up to the camera (380) which way works best. Both the phone jack and stereo plug look pretty pain free (no soldering involved) or should I solder it to the terminals. Also if using the phone cord do I just use 3 of the wires. I don't think I need the on/off wire do I?

And lastly, I have been looking on Bills site but can't find a diagram that shows the color code for the wire in the phone jack or the stero plug so I will know which wires go to what inside the camera.

Thanks
GHog

mohican

Reaction score
Make sure your scroll down. I couldn't find it either until I was informed you had to scroll down to locate the above diagram. You can use three wires with the phone jack. You do not have to use refresh if using a Sony or any other chip that powers down the camera and then wakes it up on trigger.

RtWill78

Reaction score
But it won't hurt to hook up all four wires of the phone line will it? That way you can switch out to the On/Off style chips later if you want/need too? Is that right? I'm just a rookie.
Ryan

bat

Reaction score
g-hog we just were posting about the telephone cord the last few days in this post: http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index....showtopic=68381 read all of that one and you will see you "do not" need to use the color coding for the telehone plug to wire up the camera(it may be in reverse on some of the supplied cords). Just wire it using the "what wire connects to which spot instead of the colors for the wire" in the diagram. This is on the phone cord jack, I haven't took a look at the stereo plug connector yet.

RtWill78, that is correct you can hook up all four wires in case you may change the chip later. That way you will not have to go back into the camera to make any changes. The chip will control which wires are used even if they are all wired up.
bat

Latest Posts

Top Bottom