Pixcontroller not selling camera making stuff anymore..

Jari

Reaction score
I just went to the Pixcontroller site,and no control boards or other camera making stuff..Look's like they've gotten outta that stuff..That's too bad.. Looks like I ordered my trail mode chip just in time,it's still on the way...

mrdq

Reaction score
I wish they'd lighten up on the groundhog system also.. wth. I want to use that on my buddie's camp that gets broken into minimum of 3 times a year but they wont sell it to just anyone. I don't really understand what harm could come out of selling that system.

Jari

Reaction score
What's the groundhog system?
Does anybody know why,they stopped selling the homebrew stuff?

kentster911

Reaction score
Dont know why they stopped but I am hoping to get my stuff I ordered over 2 weeks ago soon!

Jari

Reaction score
Yeah kentster..I order stuff from them before they made the change,and it's been just over 3 weeks..I emailed them,and they say it was sent out early last week,and is on it's way...So hopefully..

woodsman1977

Reaction score
Pix have decided to go into a new direction for the company, only selling complete camera systems. I personally believe they must have gotten a sweet deal with the government in the form of a grant so something. How can they believe they will be as successful selling 400-600 dollar units? With the economy the way it is.....how many out there are dropping that kind of coin on 1 unit? I saw they were going to quit selling so I put an order in for 8 of the LE II boards, all for my personal use. My order was just over 400 dollars, less than the cost of 1 of their systems. I have all 8 put together and working very nicely in the woods right now. (scouting turkeys for me).

I think that pix just forgot who helped them get to where they are today and don’t need the “little guy” anymore. I have played with y e t i c a m in the recent past and am thinking about placing a order with them…..now if only there was a ready available place to get the S40 shutter/power cable it would make hacking much less time consuming.

Jim

upperEA

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I wish they'd lighten up on the groundhog system also.. wth.[/b]
mrdq, I see what your saying that is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Come on it's a remote camera!!! must be the civilian public can't be trusted to use such dangerous equipment
.Try this place they most likely have what you need.

http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/home.php

Jari

Reaction score
I wish I would've known they were doing this,I would've ordered some boards too...
Has anybody tried the XLP boards that they're selling at Whitetail Supply?So seem to have pretty good deals..

blue heeler

Reaction score
Maybe someone will cut a deal with Pix and start selling the boards again,it`s ashame to let the board design set idle and not be sold.Until then theres some great boards out there,we just have to adjust to them

kentster911

Reaction score
Still dont have my camera kits from Pix and its been past 2 weeks. I emailed them a few days ago and havent gotten a response.

Hope they contact me or get me my stuff soon!!!

Anyone else having issues???

Kent

Jari

Reaction score
If my Trail Mode chip doesn't get here tommorow it'll be 4 weeks without getting it..They responded to my email and said it was sent early last week.It still should've been here by now..

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Jari, be patient as I have seen shipments to Canada hijacked by your Customs folks and delayed for 3 weeks easy . . . LOL

Jari

Reaction score
Yeah,I guess they have been known to do that..I'm sure it'll get here eventually,though I didn't have any problem with the other camera stuff I ordered from them...

Predator 1

Reaction score
I've used Pix stuff since day 1 and have always liked the boards, and never had too much trouble with them, and shipping to Canada was always reasonably priced and always arrived fairly quick (2-3 weeks). I had been trying out a Bigfoot board when Pix released the news that they will no longer supply boards.

At the time I was really impressed with the Bigfoot, and made the switch over to them with no hesitation. I still like my remaining pix boards, but I've tried a lot of different boards and I have to say that the Bigfoot is now my all time favorite!

So those of you looking for a new board now that Pix is no longer selling....seriously consider the Bigfoot board!

Pred

mrdq

Reaction score
bigfoot board.. who what where when howmuch

Bearcamp

Reaction score
What all are the options for getting the camera kits to build our own again? Who else has what we need simular to pix?

Advertisement

Top Bottom