Please add your evaluation about your camcorder

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Please add your rating of the vender once you buy at resellerratings so we can help others who are shopping for a camcorder or accessories. Price is not the only part of the sale to worry about. Customer service also needs to be considered since there can be problems in shipping or a defective product that needs to be returned.

http://www.resellerratings.com

Thanks.

GobbleGig

I bought my Canon GL1 from Vanns.com a couple years ago. They sent me a tracking # so I was able to keep track of where it was till it got to my house. When I started to use the camcorder I discovered that the viewfinder did not work. The flip-out screen worked fine. I called Vann's and told them the situation. They gave me a number to use for UPS shipping so I wouldn't have to pay for the return shipping. It took me a few days before I got around to preparing to send the unit back but before that happened, Vann's had sent me another GL1. I had the new unit before I sent the old one back. This new camcorder has worked flawlessly. That is what I call customer service and I will buy from Vann's again.

BOHUNTER

Sony TRV-17 or 18

small, compact, lithium ion memory free battery that will last with t he LCD screen open for over 6 hours running. Has firewire, ieee link and usb port for slower connection, software, and costs around 600 bucks now. Takes stills, up to 128 mb card, and has all tv/vcr hook ups. It is easy to work nice looking and just the right size for hunting video. I will suggest get a good tree pod arm so all video is clear and free of shakes.

A+ camcorder

steve

Nanny Whacker

Bought a Sony TRV-50 from edigitalcity.com a while back along with a extra battery, etc. Had a great price and arrived in just a few days. The service was fine but I didn't have any problems so I'm not sure this was a good test of their service department.

The camera is set up similar to the TRV-17, 18, 19 but with a few extra features, many of which I may never use. Love the nightshot and super night shot (slow shutter) for low light conditions. With the optional infrared light it's awesome for low light conditions. Also has a 1.x megapixel still pic feature - works great for me - save on memory stick. Love the pass through conversion to dv for capture with firewire. Digital zoom is a waste.

Top Bottom