Please Don't Feed The Animals.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Well, here it is the midddle of the year and the parade of Darwin Award nominees keeps on coming. Speaking of goring, the talley for yesterday's running of the bulls in Pamplona Spain was 8 gored, 0 dead. Totals for this centrury in the running of the bulls, over 100 gored and 13 dead.
------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday July 7 2:42 PM ET
S.D. Man Gored to Death by Buffalo

CUSTER, S.D. (AP) - A man was gored to death by a buffalo in Custer State Park while photographing a free-roaming herd.

Ernest Barna, 76, of Allen Park, Mich., was with a group of visitors viewing the animals on Thursday when a large buffalo bull approached. All the visitors except Barna retreated to their cars, Park Superintendent Rollie Noem said.

The bull walked past, nudged Barna, then turned, gored him in the side and threw him, Noem said. Barna underwent surgery Thursday evening, but died Friday at Rapid City Regional Hospital.

In another incident at the park, a Texas man suffered a deep cut to his arm in a buffalo attack on Thursday and needed stitches. Jack Knight, 87, was treated at a hospital and released.

Noem said the two attacks happened in different areas of the park and were not connected.

Fubar

Reaction score
I like the videos on TV where the dummies say oh look at the cute Polar Bear. He looks so cuddly. Then after they cross the barrier to get a better look or feed it or something equally as stupid, it grabs them. Then they say, I didnt know it would do that. It was so cute. It makes for good entertainment though.                 Fubar

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I'm constantly amazed that, as a species on this planet we have managed to exist so damned long.  One has to wonder.

jerry d

Reaction score
Silly me!!!! I thought this was gonna be about the ongoing feud between Skank and Mike. (hehe)

doghouse

Reaction score
Fubar,
Are they more fun to shoot than Cats???
Just kidding.....BEG.....

shooter44

Reaction score
I read a few months ago about 2 female Peace Corps voluteers in Kenya who stopped to take pictures of elephants.  The sound of the camera annoyed one of the bulls who tampled the photographer.  Her friend made it back to the jeep to get help but she was quite dead.  I blame it on Disney.  These people seem to get their notions of wildlife behavior from the Lion King.

(Edited by shooter44 at 3:51 pm on July 24, 2001)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom