PMC Ammo

ksberry209

Reaction score
I found 4 boxes of PMC ammo loaded with Barnes Triple X for $100. Does nayone have any experience with this stuff? Federal is around $50 a box for 7mm. Is this a deal or is it sub quality stuff???

rdrrm8e

Reaction score
I would take it to the range and see how it groups. is it the same bullet weight that you normally shoot?

Sounds like a good dealio to me.....

sidepass

Reaction score
I bought 3 boxes 2 years ago for 23.98 per box,It shoots well in my 308 Kimber. 1 inch @ 100 yards and I took a small boar with it@ the Jack Ranch. At that price I would see how it shoots in your rifle, got to be the best price for factory ammo with a Barnes TSX.

sidepass

46 willys

Reaction score
I tryed some about 15 years ago for my 270 the only problem i had with P M C ammo was the bullet was not seated far enough so when i chambered a bullet and did not fire it the bullet would hang up in the in the rifleings and only the case would e ject with the opening of the bolt . I would have to get the bullet out with a ram rod.

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Are the bullets blue moly coated?

AZ Jim

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Sounds like their standard Barnes X loading then. The ones I had for the 06 worked fine in 160 grn. (I think) and were pretty accurate.

Are you sure they are "triple X"

If they are that is a good deal.

AZ Jim

Speckmisser

Reaction score
That sounds like a good deal to me!

My BAR loves the PMC ammo, and it shoots pretty good in Kat's (Mudwalker) .270 too.

If your rifle likes it, it's a good deal. If not, then give it to a friend.

ksberry209

Reaction score
Found them on gunbroker.com and will probably place an order today. For 100 bucks you can't beat that.

thanks for the info

Top Bottom