Poacher selling his book at Texas Trophy Hunters'

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
posted by JDS on http://www.accuratereloading forum

8/18/02

I attended the Texas Trophy Hunters' Extravaganza in Fort Worth, Texas, today and saw something that really curdled my milk!

A guy named Charles Beatty was a taxidermist in Fort Worth and awhile back was caught poaching whitetail deer on a large, very well known ranch in deep south Texas. Several law enforcement agencies had been trying to catch him for some time and when they finally did, it was a pretty big deal.

As I'm walking through the show today I see a display booth with a large sign that has blown up copies of all the newspaper coverage about Beatty's arrest. I thought it was part of the Texas Parks and Wildlife booth called the "Hall of Shame" where they show some of the fruits of criminal investigations that they have successfully closed.

As I looked closer, I saw a "used car salesman looking" guy (sorry, it's the best way I can describe him) standing inside the booth with a nametag identifying him as Charles Beatty. To myself I thought that the TP&W had him there to be part of their display (i.e. tell how bad poaching is, etc.).

Then I looked at the rest of the display and noticed that this scumbag had written a book about his life as a poacher in Texas over several years. He described in his book how he had evaded capture and had made megabucks dealing in illegal game.

Here he is promoting his new book and PEOPLE ARE BUYING IT!!!!!   Give me a break!!!

Am I the only one thoroughly disgusted with this piece of dog c**p actually making money off of his past illegal activity? I know it's a free country and he has freedom of speech and all that constitutional stuff, but there is just something about this whole thing that stinks to me!!!      

Comments?

Thanks for listening>

JDS

End post

============================================================

Please tell me this is a joke right. Why would they even let this clown in? If you would like to share your opinion with the event coordinator this is their e-mail address. extravaganza@ttha.com

shadow

Reaction score
Sent my .02 worth in...I agree with you jess, that is why I didn't support the extravaganza this year, I saw his booth on the list as vendors.  I can't stand it when someone will let someone else profit from illegal doings then condone it again by giving him means to profit from it AGAIN only this time on "legal" side although morally wrong in my opinion.  Heck do something wrong make a profit then pay a 1/10th of the profits back in fines and then write a book and make more profits from it.  Give me a break!!!  AND for those that supported him by buying his book they are just a bad if not worse.  Just my opinion.

StringShooter

Reaction score
I think he hit the nail on the head at the end of his statement. Free country and freedom of speech...people are allowed to go way over the limits.

Just my opinion but certain individuals and the media need to put a sock in it. Or have someone put a sock in it for them.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
You're all right. When it comes to greed,  some people know no bounds!

woodseye

Reaction score
Real Sad that these guys gotta brag about cheating honest people out of a chance at bucks,but real sad there would be those that would buy this c**p! Seems like some are trying to make these poachers into Robin Hoods instead of what they are LOW LIFES.Up here some of our big record deer have been poached and its ignored with a wink and a nod.Grrrrr..this stuff makes me mad and frustrated.I'll turn in a poacher if given the chance.OK couple deep breaths and think happy thoughts........all calm now.

woods

Vanilla Gorilla

Reaction score
In Texas, a person that hunts without landowner consent and kills a desert bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, whitetail deer, or mule deer commits an offense that is a Parks and Wildlife Code state jail felony.

I wish EVERY poacher caught in Texas many happy years with Mr. Ben Dover at the penitentiary of the judges choice.

(Edited by Vanilla Gorilla at 3:24 pm on Aug. 23, 2002)

Bow Runner

Reaction score
my brother and bought that book,  however he is training to be a Game Warden.

Go get them Bro.

james marquess

Reaction score
Boy!!! It is hard for me to beleive that TTH let this scumbag set up a booth.
I have all ways enjoyed the shows and take the Magazine...will have to think about supporting them any more. And I will tell the neighbors, clubs and hunting buddies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom