pointer

gwhunter45

Reaction score
I just got a new puppy"sarge" a german shorthair,I just found out he has ringworm on his head by the vet.Does anybody know how long it takes to get rid of it?Hes had it for three weeks know!

BigDaddyB

Reaction score
Are you asking how long it takes for the fur to grow back and cover the sore? Probably, a few months. What did the vet say regarding the healing process?
Sorry to hear that your pup is starting out with visits to the doctor! Did the vet have any idea how he contracted it? It can be contagious I believe, and, contracted by humans, I'm not positive!
Hope this will be the last of your incidents with the new guy!

duckdog

Reaction score
Yes, ringworm is contagious from animal to human. Cats are the worst for having ringworms. Treat as the doc says and with in a week the pup should be over it. As for yourself and family. Just keep an eye out for any spots that are raised and form a circle. And itch alot. Don't scratch, this will get it under your nails and spread to the next area you touch or scratch.

When I was a kid I thought it was a real worm under the skin. To my horror, I had one on my leg. Our cattle had gotten it and of course I got it to. I remember trying to kill the worm by poking it with a needle. OHCH!!!

Ringworm is a fungus. Easy to treat on humans with over the counter anti fungal creams.

Dana

Top Bottom