Polaris or Honda??????

3D4ME

Reaction score
Polaris by far. I have a 4x4 and abuse…
I mean use it a lot. The Auto transmission and push button 4x4 are awesome. Some of the best money I have spent on hunting toys yet!!

jdhowe75

Reaction score
OK. I run a Honda, Polaris, Kawasaki delership in southern california and have been around both a long time. I'm not trying to sell you anything so don't worry. Polaris has a great product! In fact I just got back from a dealer meeting in St. Paul, MN and was shown some really cool new products. The Sportsman lineup is all new! Great stuff. Honda has a great 4x4 in the Rincon. Don't count out the Kawasaki Brute Force either. It is an all new quad. Independant Rear Suspension, selectable 4 wheel drive and Locking Diff. If I had to choose I would get the Brute Force by Kawasaki or the All New Sprortsman 800 E.F.I. (Bad A** Quad).

Good Luck!
-jd

kmitch

Reaction score
I've never owned a Honda, so I can't speak to that. My 2000 Expedition 425 4X4 has about 200 hours on it now. The only time I've ever stopped it was my fault. I high centered on a log. I routinely go through mud and streams. We have one spot on our lease we call the BOG. When the 4X4 trucks get stopped I can always get through. I've also used it to plant food plots with some home built implements. I'm satisfied with my Polaris.

Keith

subfan

Reaction score
No complaints with my Polaris 500 H.O.

RLB

Reaction score
I have a Polaris Sportsman 700 and 400. No problems with either.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
They're all pretty good machines nowadays but here's my answer............

These are my recently purchased 2004.5 400 and 500HO Sportsman

jdhowe75

Reaction score
OK 800 EFI info:

Twin, liquid cooled 760cc W/ EFI
Independant Long Travel Rear Suspension 9.5" W/ 11.25" Ground Clearance
On-Demand All Wheel Drive
New Front Rack with built in dry storage box
New MacPherson strut w/ extended travel to 8.2"
New Polaris XTP Radial Tires
Dual Exhaust (cool)
Rear Working Lights
1.25" Reciever Hitch
Easy Access Rear Tool Box

Looks Great and sounds cool!

All the best!
-jd

LeeChul

Reaction score
Does that come with road tires and street registration, sounds like you don't even need the truck anymore. Sounds awesome. I'm still waiting before I buy, mainly because I just dumped too much money into my new truck. But as soon as I get the ok from the wife, it's the 500H.O. in Mossy oak for me. I can't wait.

Hey JdHowe75, what kinda of payment schedules can you get with Polaris, asumeing you go through Polaris finance? How many months at what interest rate. I don't mean to make you work when you're at home, but I assume that since your in the buisness, you probably thrive on getting people on new machines.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
LeeChul,
The MOBU 500HO looks cool but just a heads up, if you leave it in the sun it will turn purple!
If you keep it garaged it wouldnot be an issue though.

harleydavidone

Reaction score
jdhowe75, when are they going to be for sale???? Can you give us an idea of the selling price????

LeeChul

Reaction score
PURPLE???????? AHHHHHH!!!! My wife would like it, that would be an excuse to get another one.

bowhtr1

Reaction score
I would go with the Honda. My dad bought a polaris 500 the first year it came out and had nothing but problems. Maybe they are better now?. I have some pics of mine on my webshots page as soon as it updates. I just finished fixing it up. I have had nothing but good luck with Honda. You wont be sorry.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
The early 500's had their issues but that was a number of years ago. The 500HO (High Output) has been a great machine. Regardless of manufacturer, you're gonna have some bugs.

harleydavidone

Reaction score
I would agree with that, no matter what you buy there is always a chance of getting a lemon. I have a '99 Sportsman 500 with over 2k miles and 1600 of those have been with a big wheel kit and the only thing I have had becides the normal stuff has been a battery last year, and it is looking like I might finally need to change the belt. We have 4 500's, and 2 700's in our group (all Polaris) and very rarely any problems.

Wild Turk

Reaction score
I ride a Kawasaki and havent owned either a Polaris or a Honda. BUT, I just finished hunting with a guy who had (2) 12 year old Honda ATVs. They had been used hard for 12 years by a timber company when he bought them. They start right up and run perfectly.

Cant say anything bad about Polaris, but I can tell you that Hondas run year after year.

Wild Turk

Latest Posts

Top Bottom