Polarity

Blacktail

Reaction score
Can anyone out there tell me what wire is positive on the telo cord of the Lamson sensor.  I hooked up my DMM as Red positive and it gave me a negative reading.  Is this correct.  I just dont want  to fry my timer by hooking it up with the polarity reversed.  Thanks in advance.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I have no experience with the Lampson but I assume you are going to provide power to the timer from the Lampson right?

To verify the polarity reading is correct on your Meter, measure the voltage of a battery.......

Tinhorn

Blacktail

Reaction score
Thanks Tinhorn for the help.  Yes I plan on pulsing the timer with the Lamson.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I'm still not clear on what your checking polarity of?

The power source (battery) or the Trigger from the Lampson PIR to the Timer?

if it's the Trigger, then you do want a negative pulse coming from the PIR and if that's what you meant, then sounds like it's correct and should work....

BTW, hooking up the trigger with wrong polarity won't hurt the timer, it just won't work

BUT

Hooking up the power with the wrong Polarity can burn things out!  That's why I want to be clear on what your checking.....

Clear as mud right!  now I'm corn-fused

Tinhorn

Blacktail

Reaction score
Hey Tinhorn sorry this is so confusing.  There are red and green wires on the Lamson (Telo Cord) .  Without the timer hooked up and with the Red wire to positive on the DMM and the green wire on the negative of the DMM.  I am getting a very small voltage but it is negative.  As soon as I switch the leads the small voltage goes positive.

Top Bottom