Polaroid 2400ff wiring

Dbworld

Reaction score
Went back through earlier post to figure out how to wire this Polaroid 2400ff.   The three contacts are there plain as day, but I get conflicting ways from the post how to do it.  There are three contacts.  When I try to short out the two on the sides only I get nothing (one post said to do it this way).  When I short the center and either of the other two the contacts does it's thing.  Do I need one wire to both outside contacts and one in the center?  Or just one in the center and one of the others? If so is one better than the other.

Patiently waiting with soldering iron in hand.  I'll work on the sensor until I hear from you.

Thanks    

TruShot

Reaction score
Under the shutter button you'll have your three sets of contacts. You want to wire your two wires to the pair in the center. One wire to each contact. I followed them and wired mine to the edge of the board.  If you put a jumper wire across this set of contacts it should activate the shutter.

I just put mine in the woods Sunday. It was the first Camera I've built. It worked for the couple test shots so cross my fingures I'll have something on film .

I hope this helps. I'll see if I can post a pic or something if it doesn't.

Dbworld

Reaction score
Pictures would be great....I think I know what you mean though....going back upstairs!!!

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
DBworld, I just connected to the center pad and the camera worked fine.  The out pads are used for autofocus.  Like trushot said, by jumpering the contacts in the center only, the camera will fire.  

Dbworld

Reaction score
Yeah the 2400ff was easier than I thought and much easier than the Canon PF.  When they said outside post I was thinking the outside pads.  I just soldered it toward the front.  Didn't even have to remove any screws.....I like simplicity.  Well my second cam is 90% done and testing pretty well.  My first cam, I used the Canon PF and Radio shack sensor.  This time I'm using the mainstay wm2 (regent ms20) and a polaroid 2400ff.  Total cost of the first was about $90.  This one is at about $25....still have to buy some toggle switches and walk test LED...hmmm and a case.  Didn't count that in the cost. I'm sure I'll find something good.  

A few tips:
An arc welder is a poor substitute for a good soldering iron.
If possible touch the flash capacitor as much as possible.  It lets you know you are alive.
Remove all small children from within earshot when soldering the cameras.

I know I've already said it, but....Thanks to everyone...these are too cool.

jkoonce

Reaction score
Does anyone have some pics of how the 2400ff is wired?

thanks for the help!

jkoonce

bowjedi

Reaction score
I have a PDF file that shows step by step instructions for wiring the 2400ff, including pictures. (I can't remember where I got it or I'd post the link)

I can email it to you if you'd like.
send me a PM

oh yeah, I just got a new email address and haven't updated my profile yet so email me here:

zharris@charter.net

fernandw

Reaction score
Dave,
Reposted since Hunting Pics was down. Hope you don't mind. Let me know if you have a problem with this.

Credit Davered1.

Wade

davered1

Reaction score
fernandw,

where are you hosting now? that hunting-pictures is always down and I need somewhere else to host?

GPo

Reaction score
Hey Dave,
I understand you have a pile of 2400ff cameras. What is your opinion on them ? How do they compare to the Canons for flash distance and pic quality.
I picked up 6 today from the ebay guy for $84.00 including shipping.
(he finally emailed me back)

GPo

davered1

Reaction score
GPO,

for up here in canada they are a close second to canon cameras, the flash range is only about 15-20 ft but it is extremely fast to react and even more important they do not freeze up in cold weather as I have had the samsungs and vivitars do. that is a pain when they freeze up. never know how many times that 180" went by the camera .

They are O.K. and for the price they are hard to beat. They have good quality pictures if you run 400spd film. BUT you won't be able to beat the canon for all round best camera

Latest Posts

Top Bottom