gizz

Reaction score
I know its been covered before but I'd like to know what type of film you all use and your results.
Here's mine:

Fuji 400 - 4 rolls of 24 from WalMart $7.95
Results have been good but I have to admit i haven't tried any other type as of yet so nothing to compare against.

gtk

Reaction score
400 spd Studio 35.. A Walgreens Brand.

wvhunter

Reaction score
I normally use 200 speed cause I like the grain better than 400.  I have used 3 brands of film

Kodak Gold - very good but most expensive of the three

Fuji - Good daytime color but night pics tend to have a green cast to them

Poloraid - Cheapest of the 3 and have had good results with.  Daytime color good a crisp, night pics better than the Fuji but not as sharp as Kodak.  But at 4 24 exposure rolls for 5 bucks at Dollar General I can live with it.

Passthru

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
 Any cheap 400 film works for me,even considered B&W film,for me its knowing whats there.
 And B&W i would be able to develop myself cheaper than Color and easier.
 Yes im a cheep old fellow and im going to look into developing my own,when i was a kid my mother had a darkroom so i have a trainer.
 I seem to remember that B&W can be under a red light,but color MUST be done in total darkness,but then that was along time ago to be remembering.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I use Kodak 200 speed from Wally-World....

I still don't like 400 speed because the lites r 2 lite and the darks r 2 dark (2 much contrast)   I've tried 400 speed several times

Tinhorn

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I use the same as Gizz.  Walmart here has a new Digital process made by Fuji and it works excellent.  The pictures look better than ever.  I don't have any of the 35mm anymore but I do have the 24mm advantix and they are excellent.

Brian

Stever

Reaction score
I have zero patience but am working on it. I have to use 12's cause I can barely wait all night. Normally no name brand in Canada from the grocery store. Oh, 1 hour photo place is helping with my pictures they feel sorry that the whole roll doesn't get used and don't charge every time for developing.

davered1

Reaction score
cheapest film when I hit store,usually Kodak 200 FUNTIME film.

Works well and only 3$ a roll  here.Canadian $,thats less than 2$ US)

(Edited by davered1 at 4:06 pm on Nov. 29, 2001)

bigmandude

Reaction score
boo hoo,
my mom used to work for ritz photo up till a couple years ago, i could get equipment for cost and all my developing free,...and agfa film 2for1

Possum

Reaction score
Fuji 400 or Poloroid 400 from Wal Mart.  Been looking for some El Cheapo to try.  I'm not in it for the artistry - Just to find out what's there.  After 20+ years of wondering how big the big ones were, I now can see.
Thanks guys for all the help.  This is the best help forum on the Net.  Sure beats most Fortune 500 companies on service.

gizz

Reaction score
I'm kinda the opposite now. Seems like i find myself into it more and more for the artistry. Kinda neat trying a new setup in a remote location. I found recently found some rock cliffs with cave like openings. Since I don't like spiders :surprised-purple: I will just place one or two at the opening and see what's comin in and out of those crevices.

But.....the real reason for the cams to begin with was scouting help and the cams definately deliver.

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
  I use Kodak 400 MAX..... great picture quaility in all conditions and when K-Mart has them in the 4 pack (24 exp. X 4 packs = 96 exp.)for $8.00 I buy as many packs as I can afford.
I did several comparison test when I built my first cam and found that in my Cannon OWL PF the Fuji 400 took the better picture but the time stamp did not show up well......so in situations where the stamp is not important I use Fuji 400.
   On an added note...... you guys have got me wondering about the very cheap brands. I think that I will do another comparison test and use the cheapest rolls I can find....... after all, I think the developing machine has the final say in pic quality anyway.......wouldn't hurt to see. Might even save a few bucks in the long run.    

LW

Reaction score
I use Wal Mart Fuji 400 also... I did try polaroid 400 but the night shots came out with a brown color cast in my Samsung Maxima 22s (trail timer ph 3500).

kuff

Reaction score
I bought Osco film last time due to not much cash in my wallett at the time. 4 rolls for 8 dollars. It came out fine both night and day. It was 400

CAMOMAN

Reaction score
KODAK MAX FOR ME ALSO HAVE GOTTEN GOOD PICS DAY AND NIGHT.

Reaction score
I have used
Fuji 400 speed-Good film and works wel in most cases.
Kodak- 800speed gold-Excellent and really works well at night . But very expensive!

Top Bottom