Pope & Young Convention

2rocky

Since most of the CBH members are P&Y members too, I was wondering if any of you had been to the P&Y convention before.

I see that the next Convention will be in April in Denver. I had a long time local bowhunter asking me if I would attend with him, and I wanted to see who had been before and/or who was interested this year.

I'd like the chance to see some new country and look at the top 5 tule elk (Ed will yours be there?) if there were going to be a few familiar faces there as well I might consider the trip more intensely...

BOWUNTR

Hell yeah!! The P&Y convention is a great event that I won't miss. This will be my fourth. Denver is going to be awsome for a lot of reasons. Now that I'm on the records committee I'll be going up twice, once for the panel measuring and then again for the convention. Pretty sure BOHNTR and Old Tree will be going. I havent heard about the Tule elk yet. That would be a dream if it was invited. Pretty sure mine sits at #4 right now. We'll see. Here's an offer to any JHO'er that makes it to Denver, the first round is on me!! Ed F

SDHNTR

I'm going to try to pull it off. Pending lack of Mrs. SD's wrath, and any possible turkey hunting trips.

BOHNTR

I will DEFINITELY be going.......the last one in Lancaster, PA was a good time! I won't miss another one from here on out.

Old Tree

I'm sure planning on going again. We did have a good time in Lancaster.
Plus I don't know how anyone could turn down Ed's offer on the beverages!

BOWUNTR

We're putting the finishing touches on the trip to Denver. When you make dinner/lunch reservations let me know if you want to sit at the California table!!! Looks like a former CBH member who now lives in Colorado, Scott Hargrove, will be giving a seminar on high country mulie bowhunting. Ed F

SDHNTR

Is that your buddy Ed? If so, take a tape recorder because I'd love to hear what he has to say!

BOWUNTR

No, I've never really met him. I wouldn't know if he was hunting Coues deer last week. Old Tree probably knows him. Since he moved to Colorado, Scott became very involved with the Colorado Bowhunters Association and he kills big bucks every year. He lives in Snowmass... high country out his front door. Tape recorder??? I'm gonna get Roy drunk and tape record him!! Will that do? Pack your bags and go with us!! Everyone who has gone to one of these events is hooked. Hard to explain... unless you've experienced it. I just got the word, My Tule elk will be on a plane to Denver real soon!!! Oh yeah, check out the P&Y web site photo of the week!!!! Ed F

SDHNTR

That is him. Small world. We were in the middle of no where, up a rough dirt road that dude came driving by on the way out.

Yeah, Ed Roy will do. But the day you get him to start sipping the sauce is the day I start killing bucks like he does. Aint gonna happen.

BOWUNTR

I've seen him have a few at the last P&Y gig. He's afraid to keep up with me and Dave though. Probably thinks we'll start milking GPS coordinates out of him!! We'll I guess you gotta "start killing bucks like he does". Those are your words!!! Good luck. Ed F

Top Bottom