• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Popped a few more squeaks today.

Wino

Took my friend out to a spot near my house to just chill while glassing the hills for squirrels. We each got 3 a piece. It was funny. I shot the first one (cut it in half). A few minutes later I spot another on the same rock with a piece of meat hanging out of his mouth. After a few minutes of explaining to my buddy (he's new to this stuff) that that is pretty common thing to see, he pops squirrel number 2. No sooner do we stop giggling about it then #3 pops up with a piece of number #2 (or from the first one) in his mouth. Needless to say, he ended up in the same condition as his friends. When we finally went over to the rocks we had a good laugh as all the bigger piece were in a pile at the bottom of the rock they were sitting on.

We got a few more here and there with the best one being the last one at 206 yards by my buddy. It was a great shot. We were both using .223's for the most part. I did get one with my .22lr .

Wino

Last edited:

Wino

One more from today. Got this one at 260 yards with my .223. The red line on at the top of the image is my car where I was shooting from. NO...I was not shooting from inside my car.

TheGDog

I'm digging on how much more economical it is to shoot the .223 (compared to the .30-30 and .308)... even when we're talking All-Copper rounds. ($25 vs $40 for .308)

My 1st time taking her (Remington 783 n .223 Rem) to the range to sight-in was tricky because it was a bit windy. Plan to go back on Saturday and re-confirm sight-in is correct.

Was hoping to have a few of these types of sessions with mezcan, (or yourself?) before this years hunting season rolls around again.

This year I'm considering attempting to take a dear with .223, but only if practice sessions such as what you're doing prove her worthy in terms of accuracy.

I also want to practice shots off a Monopod and a BiPod I have.

Last edited:

mezcan

One in 9 inch twist works really well! Mossberg MVP!
MVP dozens, squirrels 0!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wino

Henmar77...its a spot I found in Menifee. A lot of guy shot here on the weekends so it's only good on weekdays if your hunting varmits.

henmar77

Henmar77...its a spot I found in Menifee. A lot of guy shot here on the weekends so it's only good on weekdays if your hunting varmits.
Cool. thanks.just wondering because i was thinking about getting out and doing this but not sure whats close to big bear. Other then my yard or the empty lot next door.

Last edited:

mezcan

Got out yesterday, finally. Needed to shoot something, sage rats always seem to accommodate my urge !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom