Possible Camera Problem - Question

deerslayer

Reaction score
I have my Owl PF Date camera connected to my sensor for a test run.  Is it normal for the camera to only flash once when you test the sensor/camera?  The camera seems to lockup after the first flash.  I only get the flash , no motor advance without the film.  The setup instructions stated that the picture advance would not advance, but does that mean you would not hear the motor advance?

Any help would be appreciated.

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
The motor doesn't advance when no film is loaded in the Owl PF.  Something isn't right though, if you're only getting one picture and then the camera locks up.  If this is the case, then there must be a problem somewhere.  Good luck with it.

gizz

Reaction score
What type sensor?
If your using the MS20 and the switch is in "auto" postion it could take about 1 1/2 minutes before the relay opens back up to allow for another picture. If that is not the case then possibly something with the relay not opening back up after closing??? I've only worked with the MS20 so can't help with the other PIR's.

deerslayer

Reaction score
I found the problem.  When I reinstalled the Push button assembly on the camera I broke my poor solder job on pin #6.

It has been fixed and my camera is funtioning correctly.

tdixon

Reaction score
THIS PROBLEM IS CAUSED BY  THE  PHOTO EYE BEING TRIPPED FOR MORE THEN 3 MINUTES. TRIP IT AND TIME IT TO SEE. IF SO INSTALL A TIMER. THIS WILL STOP ANY OTHER SIGNAL FROM THE CAMERA. THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM.

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
deerslayer,
 Glad you found the cause....had the same thing happen a few days ago with my second cam. I did a poor job soldering the 5&6 bridge. It was a relief to find my mistake.  

d91

Reaction score
I had the wire break off of one of the pins, 4 I think and my camera got so hot that the batteries leaked, the body of the camer and the hot glue melted. Very Very Very strange indeed.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Wonder if Fire Insurance would cover your house if the Camera caused it to catch fire and burn down!  ;)

Top Bottom