Pot for board

chardy

Reaction score
Need a little help. What is the resistance of the Pir Sensitivity Pot?? One of my new board is missing the POT. I know Haymaker is very busy. I can get a POT and solder myself. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee help......

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
chardy.. I could be wrong but I think you could use just about any pot.. It will just be a little more or less sensitive depending on which one you use...

chardy

Reaction score
Coondog;;
thanks for the reply. I am excited to get the cameras in the woods but I am at a stopping point.

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
no problem.. when I was making Jon's simple timer for my MS20's, I went to Rat Shack and bought a few trimmer pots and they worked fine.. I am not sure what size he is using, but they are cheap so you could buy a few and try them out...

chardy

Reaction score
Just FYI.
Found them. www.mouser.com
The Potentiometer is 0K to 500K single-turn...
I have no problem ordering and soldering the pot in. I know PicController is busy...

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
If you can find the same(or close enough) pot at Radio Shack it will save you on the shipping and handling with mouser.. Unless you order a good bit of stuff you will have to pay a $5 handling charge for a $0.50 pot....

Haymaker

Reaction score
chardy,

How did the board look when you got it? Was the POT totally missing? I can't understand how this could happend since all boards were inspected and tested before shipping. Email me with your address and I'll get a new POT out to you.

chardy

Reaction score
Haymaker,
I will email you tonight.
Just got a break from the madness??

Thanks,

Top Bottom