PowDuck?????

KenWood

Reaction score
Hey PowDuck do you have any of this tree around you? If you do could you send me a peice up. Like straight 10" across six foot long. I am running low on Bow Wood. HAHA
I keep checking in here but not much is going on, I just got back from MO-JAM did anyone from here go to it?

KenWood

hickstick

Reaction score
haven't been since 2001. would love to go back but we have to drive and that means using up a week of vaca to get there and back. rather spend it hunting if you know what I mean..... But it is a great time and very educational! would highly recommend it to anyone interested in selfbows.

PS..the hunk of sage recurve in my avatar was picked up on our way to MO by way of IL from a friend.

PowDuck

Reaction score
Hey KenWood, good to see you again. Haven't seen much around lately, moving into new house and all. You're not asking for much [sarc]. I did see some horseapples on a tree along I-30 west of Texarkana a few days ago ... but I was late or supper and didn't take time to stop.

KenWood

Reaction score
The only real Bow Tree we have up here in Colorado is Ash and Locust but neighbors kinda look at ya funny when you show up at their house with a saw in your hand. HAHA. I use to live down in Crowley TX but I did not make bows at that time, I wish I would have cause we had a huge Osage tree like 5 of them in out yard. Dang!!!!

KenWood

satchmo

Reaction score
You were very close Kenwood, we live in Cleburne.
Are you serious about the trees here being good to make bows with? Sorry I don't know much about bows, next to nothing about traditional bows. But I do know of some horse apple trees close by, if you were serious of course. Let me know if I can help. TTFN, Cathy

KenWood

Reaction score
Sorry Cathy,
I have been busy with trying to figure out the Elk and Mulies here in Colorado. Osage makes a great bow very tuff wood you don't have to worry to much on dinging it. If you find a straight tree you have a gold mine. Yep you are not that far from Crowley. I pretty much party in every town down there in Dallas/Ft.Worth area. I have not been down there for a long time. I am trying to get my buddy take me down the next time he goes on a pig hunt.
But like I said Osage (Hedge) trees are great for bow making. The picture is an Osage selfbow.

KenWood

Attachments

Top Bottom