Praying for 2020 Dove Season

warren nelson

Reaction score
Got a lot of birds in nesting around my place looks like there will be a bunch of new birds.

Limited Out

Reaction score
I am thinking about heading for the I.V. tomorrow for some Euros and scouting. I'll let you guys know what's going on bird wise from down there.

Limited Out

Reaction score
Postponed until Tuesday, be a bit cooler for my dog. Hoping the Fishing License I order online shows up tomorrow so I can throw the pole in the back of the truck. It would be nice to get an uptick in the Doves numbers this year to offset all this craziness. One more thing I wanted to pass along regarding the bird numbers. The White-wing count has been increasing a huge amount each of the last three years. One of my hunting partners that has lived in Banning for the last 40 odd years saw a White Wing in the area for the first time. I am kind of hoping that the Coachella and Imperial Valleys have so many White Wings that they are moving north into the Banning Pass, neither of us have ever seen any in this area before. It will interesting to see what the White Wing numbers look like on Tuesday!

Limited Out

Reaction score
The short report on yesterday's hunting/scouting. Little early to predict what will happen Sept 1. in the I.V. Lots of Alfalfa planted this year as opposed to the last three years when there has been more grains and sunflowers. White Wings above average, Mournings slightly below average, Euros way below average. 15 Euros in four hours hunting in four spots. 0 Bass for one hour fishing. Pretty slow across the board.

Sarghunter

Reaction score
The short report on yesterday's hunting/scouting. Little early to predict what will happen Sept 1. in the I.V. Lots of Alfalfa planted this year as opposed to the last three years when there has been more grains and sunflowers. White Wings above average, Mournings slightly below average, Euros way below average. 15 Euros in four hours hunting in four spots. 0 Bass for one hour fishing. Pretty slow across the board.
Thanks for the UPDATE

dblsmk

Reaction score
We spent 3 days and 2 nights camping, scouting and fishing with shotgun from the All American Canal near Holtville to the Palo Verde Valley.
Where there was food, water and roost there were birds as described above.
It's way to early for predictions as some of the wheat was already being harvested and the fields will be replanted and posted by September.
we did find some Euros in small pockets. They seemed to be busy making more Euros

Limited Out

Reaction score
Fishing and hunting at the same time, close to perfection! Thanks for the scouting info.

Top Bottom