predator hunting in ca

cut em all

Reaction score
im starting to learn how to predator hunt but so far only struck with failure. Any help will b egreatly appreciated. dont really know of any areas or tactits.

easymoney

Reaction score
Check out varmint als or predatormasters websites as they have lots of diy and info...
The varmints are everywhere, but getting permission is the key...

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
This isn't a very good time to start...coyotes are denned up and will be having, if they haven't already, pups here real quick.
For now check out some predator huntin websites (forums) and get yourself some predator huntin DVD's. Randy Anderson and Byron South have some of the best.
This will get you ready for some late summer early fall hunts when the years pups are out on there own and easy to call in.
Good luck!

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
First, welocme to the Forum...

2nd, Ditto Mike on this being the tough time of year to call coyotes due to the denning season, and also because there aren't near as many around in the spring...

And I agree again on the dvd/video's... especially Randy Anderson's (& Primos together on some)... 2 of my favorites are "Calling All Coyotes"(3hr version) & "Mastering the Art"/speak the language. They can be had at "AllPredatorCalls.com" / A.P. Jones is the owner & a great guy. A one stop shop also!

As far as where to go, I did not catch where you live, however, BLM & Forestry maps show public lands, access roads etc.

Good Luck & Keep us posted

Frank

LKN4HOG

Reaction score
I agree with EASYMONEY about checking out Al's website. It has a lot of call sounds and info which will start you the right way. Also, Randy Anderson, Mister Varmint, puts out several good videos with tips as well. If you intend to use hand calls, "Speaking the Language" is a must. If yo use electronic, get the best best can afford. A Foxpro is top of the line but a workable call can be made from components listed on Al's. Either way, it is not really a good time as next seasons targets are either not born or are new born which ties up the parents. Wait until late summer or early fall until all are capable of being on their own.

Keep us posted on what and how you do..and good luck

Randy

ccp3law

Reaction score
I live in the San Francisco Bay area... I want to hunt ground squirrels... What central valley county has the biggest population?

Advertisement

Top Bottom