Pretty camo - but is it useful?

NorCal Cazadora

Reaction score
One of the first exhibitor booths I saw yesterday while I was still undergoing the extreme shock of my first visit to a SHOT Show AND my first visit to Vegas (
) was Feather Flage. Its product is just what it sounds like: camouflage based on feather patterns instead of the usual twigs, bark and leaves.

The story behind it is that Brian Frederick of Louisiana got sick of losing well-camouflaged mallard hens, and it dawned on him after nearly stepping on one he was searching for that perhaps they had the most perfect camo pattern of all. This is what he came up with:

They now use that pattern in a number of shirts and a new 4-in-1 waterproof jacket introduced just this year. You can check out the Feather Flage website here.

I left the booth with a long-sleeved T that could be perfect for early-season waterfowling when I'd rather poke chopsticks in my eyes than put on my winter jacket, and I can't wait to test it out.

Of course, waterfowl season in California just ended a week ago today (moment of silence, please), but I do plan to put this shirt through the washer a few times to see how it fares - whether it holds up or becomes one of those ridiculously faded shirts like the bargain bin buys you get at insert-your-local-hunting-store-here. My first impression is that the T-shirt fabric is thin, and I much prefer a Beefy-T kind of T-shirt fabric. But the labeling touts "new fade free reactive dyes," so if the color holds up, it could win me over.

Has anyone else used this product? What'd you think of it?

One thing I can say for sure: It is an absolutely beautiful pattern to put on fabric.

gundogs

Reaction score
Holly: Do you think this repetitive pattern will break up in the folds of the fabric ? The idea of natural camo is good, how well do you think it will break up the human outline? I guess your field test will tell. Good luck I want to hear your test results.

Top Bottom