Problem with my bow

Bankrunner

Last weekend I was out shooting and a screw on my cam started to loosen up. It has done this in the past and i just tightened it up. I decided to get some blue lock tight to put on the threads. When i backed the screw out i could see that it has been eating away at the slot in the cam.
I took it to my local bow shop yesterday and they're going to send it to PSE so they can take a look at it, hopefully they will send out
a replacement part at no cost.
I hope to get the bow back in about in two weeks so i can get back to the range.
With the opener being a month away it's bad timing for my bow to go down but i guess it could be worse.

Brnsvllyjohn

Problems with any hunting equipment are always frustrating. Good luck I hope you get things repaired in time for you to shoot "John's" buck.

Bankrunner

Thanks John,
I thought about you yesterday at the shop. I asked them about how many cross bows they sell and he said not that many. Anyway I told them I only knew one guy that shoots a cross bow and that was you.
I'd certainly take "John's" buck but i'm after "Noseeem". He got that name cause i haven't seen em yet.

TheGDog

Well, better to have that bow looked-at than having your face lacerated by something failing when you draw back. Hope they take care of you proper.

Brnsvllyjohn

"I asked them about how many cross bows they sell and he said not that many. Anyway I told them I only knew one guy that shoots a cross bow and that was you."

I have yet to find a local archery shop that knows very much about cross bows or seems interested in ordering things for me. I order everything from Ohio for the Excalibur bow. Everything else from Jerry in Florida for stuff like arrows and broad heads. We just spent over $700 with Jerry. A combined order for a couple of guys. Jerry will make you any arrow you need and he is great on the phone. I guess the local archery shops cannot afford to carry much for crossbows since there are so few of us using them.
Back to your issue having a local shop for support is great and obviously much easer with a standard bow.

Top Bottom