Problem with PIR sensor! Help!

Pic

Reaction score
I have my PIR wired up the way Tinhorn diplayed it with the resistors, so it'll only take a picture every 30 seconds, but here is my problem: When I turn on the power, I switch the LED switch to camera, and the camera will take 5 pictures in 25-30 seconds, then stop. Then, I move and set off the sensor and the camera will take a picture, but it takes a second pictur 5-10 seconds later, whether I'm in front of the camera or not. And also, if I move again, it takes 2 more pictures. There is no 30 second delay like there should be.

Anyone help out a rookie?

Thanks.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Welcome to JHP Pic! As far as it taking 5 pictures when you turn it on wait about one minute after you turn your sensor power on before you flip your camera switch. It takes about one minute for the RS sensor to settle down after it is turned on. I am not sure about the double picture problem. Do you have a timer hooked up? If you don't, I would check your solder points. What relay did you use?LOL

Pic

Reaction score
Thanks for oyur info TN. I'm using a 5 VDC Reed Relay, and no timer. The drawing that Tinhorn sent me has a 30 sec delay in it. If memeory serves me right, I think it snaps 5 picture even after it has warmed up, but i'll double check tonight. I also have checked my soldering points, I'll go over them again. I also know that the boards are heat sensitive and that I may have damaged my board, but the set up worked fine before I put it in my box, so I'm positive that I didn't damage the board.
Thanks

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's a bad battery,   try another one, even if it's a new battery.

A weak battery will "toggle" the PIR so it starts taking pix's like that

Tinhorn

Pic

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try and let you know.

8^O

Pic

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all your help, but Tinhorn informed me that if the sensor was not warmed up for at least 1 minute before switching to the camera, that this would happen. Well, got home last night, turned my camera/LED switch to LED, turned the power on, let it stand for 1 minute, then I switched it to camera and voila, it worked great.
Now to get it out and get some pics.

Thanks a bunch guys, much appreciated.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom