PROBLEM????

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
MY FRIEND CAME TO ME WITH A PROBLEM WITH HIS CAM. THE PROBLEM IS THE LED NEVER GETS SET, IT STARTS A SLOW BLINK ABOUT 1 SECOND INTERVALS. I HAVE TAKEN HIS CAM APART FROM THE RELAY (REPLACING) TO THE SWITCHES (REPLACING). NOTHING MODIFIED, THE WHOLE RS PIR IS ASSEMBLED ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS. I HAVE BUILT 5 AND THIS IS THE FIRST ONE IVE SEEN DO THIS. MY GUESS IS HE MUST HAVE HOOKED SOMETHING WRONG WHEN HE FIRST ASSEMBLED AND DIDNT TELL ME.
    IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I KNOW SOME ONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE SEARCHED THE SITE FOR BLINKING LED AND HAVE FOUND NO OTHER POSTS. I KNOW THERE IS AN ANSWER OUT THERE.... OH WELL LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINK IT IS....          IT IS ASSEMBLED CORRECTLY!!!  TOOK APART AND STARTED OVER ITS CORRECT....

THANKS A LOT MEMBERS, YOUVE MADE MY MARRIAGE LAST.....KEEPS ME AND THE WIFE APART..KEY TO LONG MARRIAGE....WEEEEEEEEE     THANKS STEVE

bat

Reaction score
Hey BOHUNTER,
 Just a suggestion, I'm assumming you are using the RS led on that camera.  For now eliminate the switches to see if it works without them, both the SPST and the DPDT.  Check to make sure he has the led wiring black/black and red/red to the pir.  Change the battery to one you know is good.  If it's still acting up change out the led to another one.  This should only leave something on the board itself....  Look at all soldering points that were changed on the board to see if there is any accidently shorting or dropped solder that may be shorting out the board signal.  Last resort try another PIR.
Maybe something in that will help.  bat

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Check REAL close for any solder bridges or loose/drops of solder. Also check the battery. I can't tell you how many I've torn apart just to figure out in the end that it was just a low battery. Do this first.

woodsman

Reaction score
I had that happen once, It was the Battery. I hope thats your problem .Good Luck

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
OK, DISCONNECTED ALL THE SWITCHES, NEW BATTERY AND CHANGED THE RS LED WITH ANJUMBO LED AND RESISTOR......S O S ... DIDNT CHANGE IT THINK HE MIGHT HAVE DONE SOMETHIN BEFORE HE SENT IT TO ME. CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS FOR SPILL OVER ON THE SOLDER WITH A LOUPE AND WELL DIDNT SEE ANY. IM CORN-FUSED!!!! HE NEEDS ANOTHER PIR........... SEND SOME MORE SUGGESTIONS

THANKS AGAIN STEVE

vman

Reaction score
The resistor that controls the delay is R-11.  It is located right next to the speaker wires.  I'm sure you have done this but make sure a solder bridge didnt get created.  Or maybe r11 is bad(too much heat from soldering) try and put in a different resister for r-11. If I remember a 300 k will give a five sec delay.  
just my two cents worth.

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
WELL GUESS WHAT?.......... I CHECKED ALL MY BATERIES EVEN THE "NEW" ONES AND 7.4, 8.3, 9.9, 9.6 VOLTS.....GUESS WHICH ONE WAS THE NEW ONE.......WRONG 8.3V...THE BATTERY WAS THE CULPRIT I PLACED THE 9.9V IN AND HAVE YET TO GET A BLINK...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
.............TY VERY MUCH !!!! LOL   STEVE

Creekscout

Reaction score
This was a very timely post for me, as I just wired a RS sensor on Sat. and was having the same problem, LED would just continue to pulse when I tested it. I even switched my leads from pin2 and neg. to the speaker wires and it still did the same thing. I was ready to test its resistance value with a very large hammer when I happened to read this post. Checked my battery-5volts, installed new battery now everything is fine. Thanks everyone for saving it from the trashbin.

bat

Reaction score
BOHUNTER,
 Glad to hear you got it going.....we "all" get a little experience from someone elses fixes.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Now if I see this problem I will know one of the causes and check it first.  bat

MBullism

Reaction score
Hey creekscout! welcome...

I'd like to hear a little about testing resistance with a hammer, LOL.  I've only used my hammer as volt meter...

BGBUKSLYR

Reaction score
Bohunter!  U DA MAN!  Thanks for figuring out what was wrong with my cam!  Guess everybody needs a friend who has countless hours to work on their friends cams.  Keep flingin 'em!  

Later,
Bgbukslyr

Advertisement

Top Bottom