Program that pays to flood rice

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
For the benefit of Scank and others - I found the program that pays farmers to flood rot water.  It is part of CVPIA and it is referred to as B-22.  It pays about $20 per acre.  The program has been pushed primarily by DU.  It may be rewritten soon to benefit only brood habitat (it's original intend), but for now it isn't - so go for it.  

Scank

Inactive
Reaction score
Central Valley Project paid $16 per acre for FY 2000-01. The payment is reduced each year because more farmers enroll in the program. It is my understanding that this program's funding remains the same each year. DU assists you in enrolling in this program.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Scank, I swear I remember you saying you "wish there was a program that paid farmers to use rot water because you would have signed up for it." Set me straight. Do you and other rice farmers receive funds from anyone in exchange for rot water? If so, how much?

Jay

Reaction score
I remember the same thing.

Maybe Scank's been holding out on us or maybe he don't know rice like he claims.

Hmmmmm......

Got an ID on him?

Scank

Inactive
Reaction score
This Cenntral Valley project has been around for about 4 years. To be elgible you have to meet some requirement. One of the requirements is that you have to roll or disc fields to receive this payment. To most people this is not cost effective. Most farmers would be actually loosing more money if they joined this program then just floding outright.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom