proposition for coyote hunters

big shooter5

Reaction score
I was up at Frazier Park yesterday hunting Quail.  Was up there about 0700.  I was hunting my normal area with my dogs.  We got about 1/4 mile in and heard a "pack of coyotes" along a tree line another 1/4 mile away.  We keep walking slowly and the sound was getting closer.  I crossed a road to go to the back side of my normal route.  (Still no luck seeing any birds) We hiked for about 20 min and came to an edge of a ravine.  As I was scanning the edge, a coyote poked his head out of the bushes.  My male saw him at the same time I did but I got his attention real quick.  I was worried about my dogs so I worked my way back to my truck.  I heard a pack on either side of me(in the distance).  It donned on me why the Quail population was down.  TOO MANY COYOTES!!!!!  Looks like I will have to find another place to hunt unless you varmit hunters want to take care of them for me.  

Hook

Reaction score
I for one would be willing to come up there for some coyote hunting. :shootin:

songdog

Reaction score
Just point the direction :wink-yellow:  Anything up near Frazier Park right now should be really nice with this cooler weather we've been having.

Sky Buster

Reaction score
where is frazier park?  im always willing to help control the dog population out there...

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I'm in for some yote!
Frazier Park is in California, of Interstate 5, about 5 miles North of Gorman

big shooter5

Reaction score
Exit Frazier Park off the 5N.  Go through Frazier Park turn left onto Lockwood Valley Rd.  Less thatn a 1/2mile is the ranger station.  This time of year you have to park in the parking lot and hike in.  As you hike in, the area opens up until the tree line.  The tree line is when you start up the mountain.  The Los Padres Forest Service map shows the area.

In the past, I would see bobcats trying to sneak buy me.  Such a pretty animal.  In fact I watch one one morning for about 30 min sitting under a tree.  I think it was two seasons ago.

Hook

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....Big shooter5. Thonz and I may just head up there after our coyote trip at Carrizo plains.

(Edited by Hook at 10:56 pm on Dec. 23, 2001)

Grey Taylor

Reaction score
I've been in that area a number of times.  There's a guzzler off to the right across the little gully.  I haven't had very good luck up there for anything for the past few years.  Not rabbit, not quail, and no dove.  I have tried up there for coyotes with no luck but it's been awhile.  Guess it's ready for another go.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom