Public land for Chukar Hunting in Southern California

threeyellowlabs

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions for public lands to hunt either chukar or quail in Southern California? I have two first season labs that could sure use the work. (please help me burn off some of that energy before they destroy the house completely!)

maf

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (threeyellowlabs @ Aug 29 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anybody have any suggestions for public lands to hunt either chukar or quail in Southern California? I have two first season labs that could sure use the work. (please help me burn off some of that energy before they destroy the house completely!)[/b]
Lucerne Valley, off hwy 247 on the east side. Ord Mountain.

threeyellowlabs

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maf @ Aug 29 2007, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (threeyellowlabs @ Aug 29 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody have any suggestions for public lands to hunt either chukar or quail in Southern California? I have two first season labs that could sure use the work. (please help me burn off some of that energy before they destroy the house completely!)[/b]
Lucerne Valley, off hwy 247 on the east side. Ord Mountain.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks maf. Quail or chukar?

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
3 yellow labs, you can find both but its known for the chuckars. Good luck.

smouaz71

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (threeyellowlabs @ Aug 29 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Try red mountain. Big area. i've never hunted off 247. How's the chukar been there? Anyone hunted it recently?

Top Bottom