Public Land Hogzilla

Wild1

Reaction score
Certainly not a lot to do during this pandemic, but getting outside sure is one of them. This was a solo bow hunt on public land that just about killed me. In the end, I made a couple of phone calls, and some of the best hunting partners on the planet dropped everything and came to help me - with my three friends (two had to drive over 2 hours to help me), we were able to get this beast back to my truck in about 2.5 hours. Had to pack out the rear quarters and left the rest to my buddies. The particulars: 36 yard shot, my only non-pass through on a hog (the armor on this boar was incredible). Boar only went about 40 yards and piled up. Hogs and bears always get over estimated on their weight, but I can tell you, this boar was every bit of the 300lb. mark and probably around 320lb., which is rare on public land. I couldn't get a very good picture because I couldn't lift the hog to roll it on it's stomach (and I'm not weak or small), it was that heavy! Recovered it at 8IMG_3818.JPGam, finally finished breaking it down at 6pm. Exhausted but feeling accomplished - who needs the grocery stores!

Planetcat

Reaction score
Wow! That thing is awesome. Congrats. Great story too. You owe your buddies big time.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
super super congrats Wild1 on a monster public land wild pig with a bow, that’s a cross mix with a wooly Mammoth, great pic, thnx for sharing!....tra

P304X4

Reaction score
Looks like a rino in hogs clothing!! Congrats on the freeze filler!

cjack

Reaction score
That thing is incredible! Long day, thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom