Public land pig!!

Chayito702

Reaction score
Well I haven't post on here in a few years due to some people mouth trashing our posts. I have noticed that the majority of the old school members are hardly on here anymore. It's good to read that the Roman archer, 6x7, quack assassin, asaxon and the few i forgot to mentioned are still around.

Not only ca public pig hunting is hard but when you use a shotgun it sure can be harde and public land makes it tougher.

Our morning started out quail hunting and with small number of birds per coveys we decided to let them go. We started moving to a different location and on our way over we were flagged down by Someone driving a quad. He asked if we were hunting and if we had any luck. We replied we had seen a few small coveys and that it was our first time here as well. I informed him that one of my customer pointed me this direction but we were a little lost as we didn't find the place. He replied and mentioned what roads we were looking for to guide us into the right direction. Long story short he said If we were interest on killing some pigs as they were crossing over to his property and rooting all over. He took over and said this is where they will come from and they will cross over to my property. He gave us his phone number and said if you get something call me I'll help out. I ended up killing this small Piglet at about 60 yards or so. I have to admit I have taken a few members from this site on deer hunting trips and have showed them the ropes. I guess it does pay off at the end.

This is the 2nd pig we have gotten from this public land. Happy hunting everyone.

20200106_193443.jpg

20200106_195613.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Glad to have u back my friend! Was happy to see a public land pig down post again, wtg and Super congrats! thnx for sharing and look forward to your future post, real nice pig!....tra

dthome

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear of friendly landowners, too!

P304X4

Reaction score
If that's a piglet I hope I never run into mama!! Congrats on a successful hunt.

Chayito702

Reaction score
Glad to have u back my friend! Was happy to see a public land pig down post again, wtg and Super congrats! thnx for sharing and look forward to your future post, real nice pig!....tra
Thanks tra... how's Florida treating you? Any alligator hunts yet ?

Deluded

Reaction score
I never expect "what comes around goes around", but when it does, it is soooo sweet! What an awesome day.

socalkid

Reaction score
Congrats!
What slugs were you shooting in that smoothbore?

Top Bottom