Putting a D370 together

shufigo

Reaction score
I've gotten an Olympus D370. In email with Pixcontroller, I've gotten a recommendation to use the LE board and the RSS mode. OK, I've looked up the LE board and decided on the full kit. I've got my choice of two Pelican cases, the 1020 and the 1040. Which would you recommend? I've made a few Owl/RS 425 rigs. Is the soldering here any more complicated than that? I note that the 370 is rarely the recommended Olympus model to use. What are the 370's limitations? Any and all inputs are gratefully welcomed!!!

dgl1948

Reaction score
Use the 1040 case, the 1020 is to small. If it is your first you may want to use a 1060.

trapperbr549

Reaction score
I agree with DGL1948, 1060 is the better choice. In RSS mode the camera is super fast but a bit of a battery hog. The 1060 will give you room for external batteries if you want them. Another limitation of the D-370 is the flash. It is ok but you may choose to add a slave flash and you definitely will if you ever decide to convert the camera to IR. This will fit in the 1060 case too, but a slave and externals will get mighty crowded. One other suggestion, I would go ahead and do the 4 wire mod while you are inside of it. That way you can run it in RSS or RSP3i. The RSP3i is quite a bit slower but is much easier on batteries. It just gives you more options.

thehunter

Reaction score
The 370 was one of the first digital cameras used in the deer cams. They work great but are a little weak in the flash range. They are easy to convert to IR if needed. A 1040 case is as small as it gets with the 370 (My opinion) If you want alittle room go with a SE120. This will allow you to add batteries and a slave. It gives you a handle to carry it around .
Just lay it out for your needs today and then for tomorrow's slave flash.

Top Bottom