Putting a digital in a camtrakker

Bill M

Reaction score
I recently had my camtrakker vandalized. I inadvertantly set it up on someones marijuana growing area and they found it. It was pried apart after they couldn't cut it from the tree and they ripped the film out of it and left the camera open to get rained on. The camera is toast but the rest of it seems to be working fine. Anyone know if I could replace it with a digital? If so how would I go about it?

Steiner

Reaction score
Bill M,
Do you know how many wires were connected to the original camera? It should have been either 2 or 3 wires. You will need a 3 wire hook-up for a digital camera that has a periodic refresh to keep the camera from going to sleep.

davered1

Reaction score
I am sure if nothing else you coulf replace the sensor with a X-10 or a MS20 with a timer and run a 380/370 off of it. the existing sensor might work but you need to know how long it sits between refresh pulses to keep the camera awake.

What type of camera did it originally have in it?

Bill M

Reaction score
It has a Yashica T4 Super D weatherproof camera in it now. I don't know how many wires go into it because everything is still wired into the camera. It is one larger wire with how many inside I don't know. After I deal with the local law enforcement and see if they are interested in possible fingerprints then maybe I will get into it and see exactly how many wires go into it.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
There were three wires in the older one I modified for a friend. Red,black and green if my memory serves me right.

It doesn't have a refresh but I did convert an old one that had the older style camera in it once. I built an interface board for an owl PF with the refresh. It tucked into the back left corner and the camera plugged into it. It is not hard to interface too but you will need another board for the refresh or a timer on JHP of some kind to get the job done. The circuit gave a negative going pulse for a split second when triggered.

This was before the micro controller time so it might be easier to interface too now than before.

davered1

Reaction score
Brian,

wouldn't it be easier (and just as cheap) to put together a X-10 combo from ****** for $25?

I haven't seen the room for one but looking at the enclosure it should fit fairly easy?

Dave

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Davered1,

Yep it probably would. Less hassle too.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom