Putting faces with names

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Had the opportunity to finally meet some of the guys on this list yesterday.  

My girlfriend, Kat, and I headed down to Coyote Valley Sporting Clays to meet BigDog and his wife and a few others.  Ended up making the acquaintance of Jay and his young'un, E.A., and a few other folks.  

All in all, a great bunch of people.  I'm considering a detailed account of the day...a day which saw BigDog become "ClickDog", and where we were introduced to E.A.'s "Barbie Gun".  I'll have to work on the detailed account, because I haven't finished making up...er, remembering... all the facts.  

BigDog

Reaction score
Hey, your just jealous of the fact that I can "click" birds better than you can......

Jay

Reaction score
Next time no kids! Because I had my son in tow. I had to kind of do my own thing.

steve

Reaction score
Jay,let me know when you plan on going again just couldn't get there this time.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
It's a Ken gun !!!!!!!!!!
And considering I hit 7 outa 10 from the high tower more power to it .

Didn't fair to well the rest of the day. Shot 30 rounds at #7 and hit 6 clays. I was starting to cry.

Did get 3 ten for tens though  at other stations so go figure. Got a little bit of sissy arm right now after going through 170 plus rounds.

Lets do it again soon except we'll hang out at the trap and skeet some and do some and do some jabbin and needleing there.

Barbie gun.....ha. Don't make my break out my custom fitted Belgin made, gold inlaid,silver triggered custom carved stock over and under.

Scank

Inactive
Reaction score
Do they have a 100 yd tower at Coyote Valley so Mike Riley can practice his 85 yard shots? I'd like to try one of them far reachers like Mike has mastered..

Jay

Reaction score
Dang Scank, there you go with the Mike thing. "Mike" is in your mind. You give him power by making him into an exaggerated monster. He's just not that big. Believe it or not, I don't think anybody mentioned him the whole day.

If you want to make a 100 yard shot, just let the clay travel for about 10 seconds before you shoot it.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
It's OK, EA.  You can call it a Ken gun if you want.  We're all still your friends.  You just rest your sissy arm till next time.  

Number 7, was that the one where both targets came up from under the hill, going away?  That was a tough one, especially with the wind.  

All in all, I was 48 out of 71 rounds.  Could be better, but considering I haven't fired a shot since the end of quail season, I was happy.  Sure showed me where I need practice, though!  Of course, if you'd put feathers on those targets, I'd have probably hit about 5 out of 71.  And if you made them into Specks, I'd never have hit a thing.  

Best thing about the day, though, was getting to meet some of you guys.  Looking forward to more of the same!  And you can even bring your Barbie...er, Ken gun again.  

OK, the other best thing, by the way, was the chow over at ClickDog's (AKA BigDog) place in the afternoon.  Talk about your big feed!  Those who couldn't make it... ha!  More for me.  Actually though...there was enough food for a small army!  Venison, duck, tuna, abalone... oh lord have mercy, but it was great!  

(Edited by Speckmisser at 8:28 pm on June 4, 2001)

Jay

Reaction score
We'll have to do it again before dove seaosn opens. I know Steve and MQ want to come along next time. LetEmWork is somewhere in the south bay and so is Tom*. Haven't seen them posting in a while.

"ClickDog" he..he...he..he...he...., you gotta love that one.  

BigDog

Reaction score
Well, not all of us love the new name. lol

It was a great day though. We have to do it more before the seasons begin.

BigDog

Reaction score
First, let me apologize up front to everybody else who reads this..........

Ya know, I have been using this board and the previous one for a while. During that time, I have kept my mouth/fingers quiet about this. But, I need to vent.
Scank, go away. If you can not add a positive or informative input to this forum, then do not turn your computer on. Here we are, a bunch of people who had a great time together promoting friendship and good sportsmanship and all you can do is make stupid and irritating comments that have nothing to do with the subject. We do not need that and personally, I find it very annoying.
I feel sorry for people who live such miserable lives.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I don't see any need for apology, ClickDog.  Lord knows some other folks speak what's on their minds with far less consideration than you just showed.  

I've participated on more chat forums and boards than I can remember since I first got hooked into this whole internet thing back around 1989 or so.  And one thing they all have in common is one or two folks who just can't let go of some grudge, people who have an axe to grind, and wanna make sure that the sparks fall on all the bystanders and non-combatants.  

These people almost invariably operate with the same M.O., spitting vitriol with total disregard to how foolish they appear... and how irritating they become to the others on the board.  And when it's pointed out, they don't take the hint and mellow, but continue to get even worse.  These folks are desperate for attention, and even negative reinforcement is enough to feed that need and keep them going.  

The cure?  Well, the simplest thing is to ignore the flamer.  Hard as that may be, let their posts roll off like water off a duck's back.  Feedback is fuel to the fire, so if you remove the fuel...  

The sad thing is, though, most of the flamers I've been acquainted with have something of value to add...a perspective worthy of consideration, in between firefights and nonsensical rants.  Tuning them out means the loss of that voice in the mix, and that's a loss for all involved.  

Too bad though.  For my part, I won't throw more wood on that fire.  Let it burn itself out with its own hunger.

Fubar

Reaction score
BigDog  I think this has turned out to be a great Forum. Jesse has done a great job and I thank him for all his hard work that allows us to have this Forum. But is is just that, a Forum. A place for all of us to talk about our ideas and thoughts and share information. I dont think there is anything wrong with discussion or arguements as long as we remember where we are. This is supposed to be a Forum where everyone can participate. Including all age groups. We have some women and children who also read these posts so please keep that in mind. I have enjoyed all the discussions except for the name calling. That doesnt add to anyones arguement and does not help to get your point across. I have strong opinions on certain subjects the same as the next guy. Just because my opinion differs doesnt mean i am right or wrong. I think the discussions give us all food for thought and allow me to see other peoples opinions. Lets keep it clean and omit the name calling. Let the discussions continue.                Fubar

Jay

Reaction score
Save yourself Scank!

Don't let your hatred turn you to the dark side. (even Darth had a change of heart in the end)

Nobody's gonna force you to hunt with Mike and you don't have to knock him down to make us like you. We all know your opinion about Mike even though you've never met him.

It's over dude! Update us with something new. Come on,  join the party, dove season is less than 90 days away. Patch them waders, scrub the decoys, reload some shells.

Mike schmike. Who gives a flying rip about your latest rantings about Mike?    

(Edited by Jay at 8:08 pm on June 5, 2001)

D

Darth Jay

I have you now!

Give in to your hatred and forever it will rule your destiny.

I have foreseen it.

BigDog

Reaction score
Fubar, thanks for your input. I also enjoy all of the different views and opinions shared on this forum. However, I have seen very little constructive input offered by Scank. I think if you went through all of his posts, you would find that the majority are made up of either bashing refuge hunters or bashing Mike Riley. His last post had nothing to do with the thread of the conversation and added nothing but uglyness. I guess I still live by the code that if I don't have anything interesting or at least civil to say, I keep my mouth shut. But, maybe that is just me. Anyhow..... I am done venting, sooooooo, back to more interesting stuff.....

The deadline was yesterday, did I get drawn for my tags.....did I , did I?

TealMan

Reaction score
Hey BigDog, I wish I could have made it.  Oh man, I missed abalone?  Oh well, with my boat anchor of a shotgun, I probably would have embarrassed myself.  Next time I'm going for sure!

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey TealMan, don't be embarrassed.  Ask him why we're changing his handle to ClickDog.  heh heh...

But the abalone was danged good, so I better hush now if I wanna get invited back.  

Advertisement

Top Bottom