pvc boxes for cams

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
well after having to go back to my 4 wheeler multiple times after hiking into my cams and forgetting the screwdriver you must have if you are using the 6x6x4 pvc boxes from lowes or home depot, i have now taken machine screws size 10-24 by 3 inches long and screwed them into the holes (after removing the lid)just to the point that you see the plastic turning a little white at the bottom of the original screw hole and then i take my dremel w/cuttting disk and cut the screw off with enough sticking out so it will come through the lid and then i have placed 4 wing nuts 3/16 size on the cutoff screws.  works like a champ man you can get the lid tight and no more hikes back to the 4 wheeler w/my 4 year old son (that takes awhile)   if you get the three inch screws you can get two cuts to a screw if you dont strip out the top driving them .  just thought i would pass along for others if your having to use the screwdriver.  oh yeah be sure to make the holes in the lid a little larger too so it will go on and off smoothly.

Data

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Swampfoot.

Has anyone been using the Pelican box's. How are the holding up. I was using the pvc box but when I checked it two weeks after putting it out, I had water in the box. Now I need to find out how the water entered the box. The seal on this box is not much. What else can you use for a seal. Thanks, Data

(Edited by Data at 6:29 am on April 5, 2001)

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Data,

Cut up a strip of old inner tube or something else rubber.

Todd

quackmaster

Reaction score
hey data.

I'm also using the Pelican boxes. Don't have any in the field yet though.
'Matt in Mo.' also uses the Pelican 1120. He has his out and hasn't had any leak problems as of the last time I emailed him.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Data,
I've been using the Pelican boxes,  They're great - if a bit expensive.  The first one I had I submerged in the bat for 24 hours to see what would happen - not a DROP!!

Good Luck,

Archilochus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom