PVC BOXES

davered1

Reaction score
Just curious as to how big the PVC electrical boxes are that you guys are using for yuor housings?

I live in a small town and the hardware store here says the biggest ones they can get in are 5" square.

They don't look quite big enough to hold the camera,the pics posted here look like they are bigger.

Where did you buy them and what size are they?

THANKS,davered1

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hey davered1,

I beleive I saw the boxes some of the guys are using at Lowe's or Home-Depot. If I'm not mistaken, they seem to be 6 inches, or there abouts. You definately end up with a "compact" camera when using the PVC box, but it can be done.

gizz

Reaction score
davered- I'm using the 6x6x4 PVC box from Lowes. It comes with a gasket and 4 screws for the lid. Find them in the electrical section at lowes.

davered1

Reaction score
thanks will check for them in Calgary when I go this friday

Drayton

Reaction score
I used the box gizz mentioned. Works great.

To make a custom fit, I mounted the RS PIR, camera, led and switches on the cover using duct tape to hold them in place. Drill one hole in each side of the box toward the back. Then use a sheet of aluminum foil to shield the camera works and close it up tight. With the lid on tight, lay the box with the lid (camera window & PIR) face down. Inject some "Great Stuff" insulation foam into the holes in the side of the box. Keep cleaning away the excess foam that oozes out. Let this set-up 24 hrs, seal the holes with silicone and you have a custom "tight" fitting box that nothing can rattle around in. I covered the aluminum foil with duct tape to avoid electrical shorting.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom