Quad Parka lost at Mendota-Help

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Sorry, I know this isn't supposed to be a lost and found board, but...

Here's a final wild stab in hopes of getting my quad parka back.  It was left on the ground at Mendota right where the road turns at field 47 (across from the private club).  I was back in parking lot 2, realized I'd left it, and it was gone when I went back.  Major league bummer.

I've been trying to reach Mendota by phone and see if it's been turned in, but the line has been busy at every try since Tuesday.  I was even going to fax a reward poster ($50 reward for safe, intact return).  If anyone is going to be there tomorrow or Wednesday, I'd really appreciate if you could check in and see if someone turned it in.  It's a Columbia Quad parka in ShadowGrass (I think...or was it Advantage Wetlands?).  Inside the binoculars pocket (the "secret" pocket beside the zipper) someone would find my license, my check card from last Saturday, and my permit for the Cargill salt ponds.  Also had all my calls in the pocket, which is something I just realized this morning.

Of course, I realize that someone probably picked it up and has a wonderful new coat now.  I saw a couple of younger fellows over there pheasant hunting, but when I asked they said they hadn't seen it, even though I know they'd been there as I was leaving.  But giving the benefit of the doubt has always been a weakness of mine, and I just can't imagine someone intentionally stealing the damned thing...

Anyway, I can't get back down there before Christmas, so I'm wondering if someone from the board could pop in and check.

huntducks

Reaction score
Speckmisser

I'm about 50% that i'm heading to Mendota this coming Wed, I will go up to the main HQ and ask.

I would almost be betting it's gone, but someone should have the courtsy to at least mail your Lic. & personals back.

Last year in MO. I left my Stinger flashlight on the dike I went back 3-4 days later and guess what someone turned it in, I doubt if that would have happened in Ca. 3 years ago I lost my Lic & season pass it was in a lic. holder and guess what some meat head gave it to a buddy and they tried to use it at San Jacinto where all of the DFG guys know me, it's one thing to find something without a address like a box of shells or a pair of gloves, but yours was in your pocket

I'll check for you if I go.

(Edited by huntducks at 7:07 pm on Dec. 8, 2001)

Randall

Reaction score
A mastercard moment comes to mind, but I don't know you that well so I won't bring it up...  Just curious though, is that the same Quad Parka that you refered to in YOUR Mastercard Moment at the salt ponds?  LOL.  Hopefully someone will come through for you.  Later.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Hope ya get it back Claymisser. This is California though where most knuckelheads think it's finders keepers.
I would have a least left you my jacket and your lic. and calls.

Good luck

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Ahhh... Randall de-lurks to remind one of a Mastercard moment.  Heh heh...  Thanks, mon.  And the Quad parka price quoted in the Mastercard Moment post was actually low.  Replacement ain't gonna happen this year.

Thanks for the kind words Barbie Gun.  You folks are probably right...it's outta here.  Can't help trying, though.  

Huntducks, I appreciate you're taking a look on Wednesday.  I left my business card with the guys at the checkstation last Saturday, but I don't hold much hope with them remembering.

Anyway, it's my own stupid fault the thing is gone.  I should probably just stop dwelling on it and move on.  

Jay

Reaction score
First BigDog became ClickDog

and now.....

SpeckMisser has become ParkaMisser!

Sorry man, couldn't resist that one. I do hope you find it.

MQ

Reaction score
Hey Parkamisser (sorry, couldn't resist), I'm going down this weekend, so if "huntducks" doesn't make it Wednesday, I can check Saturday. Let me know if you get any word on it.....

mudwalker

Reaction score
Parkamisser, I believe it was Shadow Grass.  Oh wait, no that is mine.  You remember mine, the one that keeps me warm and dry out in that salt marsh.  Yep, sure am glad I still got mine.  
:rofl

Just kidding.  If this was to happen I wish it could have happened sooner so Santa could have been prepared.  Maybe it will still show up.  

(Edited by mudwalker at 10:35 am on Dec. 10, 2001)

(Edited by mudwalker at 10:39 am on Dec. 10, 2001)

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Thanks, MQ.

And hey Mudsplatter...better watch out.  Sure would hate for that coat to mysteriously be soaking wet next time you put it on.  

huntducks

Reaction score
Parkamisser (aka speckmisser)

Did not make it to Mendota today, hope someone else did?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Thanks anyway, Huntducks.  I think MQ was talking about heading down this weekend.  It's probably a lost cause anyway, but I definitely appreciate the thought.

MQ

Reaction score
I'll give it a try for you, as all systems are GO for the trip down....

MQ

Reaction score
Sorry Parkamisser, but the DFG employee at the checkstation at Mendota sez that someone probably thought they got a new X-mas present. No one had turned anything in, jacket wise. The hunting wasn't too spectacular either, at least where I was. There were a few spots that seemed to have consistant shooting though...no spex yet....

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Thanks for checking anyway, MQ.  I do appreciate the thought.  

Thanks also for the update on the specks.  Where the heck are they?  Just ate this honker from last weekend.  Man, I MUCH prefer specks on the table.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom