Quail Hunting in the Owens Valley

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
Is it worth driving three hours to hunt quail in the Owens Valley? I know there's lots of land on both sides of the 395 that is owned by the DWP and open to the public. There's good cover and lots of water. But I don't know if it's really worth it. Has anyone hunted there before? Were you succesful?

songdog

Reaction score
Can't say but I did see an unusually large number of birds at Tom's Place on my way to Rock Creek this last weekend.  Also saw a large number of them off the side of the road while going through Bishop too.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Although I haven't hunted quail there if you plan it right you can do a nice mixed bag hunt  of dove, quail, chukar and waterfowl. And if the birds aren't flying you can always go fishing.

nextrodeo

Reaction score
Its kinda hard to get into it when the coveys only have six to eight birds in it . At least thats all I ever see , I kinda feel like its not to healthy for the birds to gun over such small coveys.

hronk

Reaction score
There are birds all over the valley but they are pretty spread out, at least the ones that are in legal shooting areas.  There are lots of birds in the city limits and in the rural housing areas,  I pass a covey every morning on my street.  With some scouting along canals creeks and the river you should find birds....hronk

Latest Posts

Top Bottom