Quail opener pics

songdog

Reaction score
Here are a few pics from Saturday.  Gun is a Red Label 28ga.

Birds & Gun

Birds

(Edited by songdog at 6:34 pm on Oct. 21, 2001)

Whoadog

Reaction score
Songdog,
 Nice pictures!  Looking at them reminds me of giving my partner on Saturday crap, seven of my eight birds were males and the other a hen.  I told him I only shot males and the lone hen was a mistake, he killed five hens and one male and I told him that was bad conservation.  This was his first time Valley quail hunting so he kind of gave me a "are you serious" look.

Brian

Bodie

Reaction score
Glad to see someone shot some quail on opener.  I went out Saturday to a place called Freemont Weir (A DFG Type C Wildlife area between Woodland and Knights Landing).  My dog and I spent three hours walking around to come up with zero birds.  Never saw or heard any birds.  One other guy was out there hunting and I heard him get off three shots and that was it.    

I am heading out tomorrow (Monday) to try again.  Maybe I will have some better luck.

Hook

Reaction score
Nice birds Songdog. I am gettiong ready for next weekend. I hope you guys leave some birds for me out there.

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
songdog,

I thought the gun looked familiar, I'm gettin used to my 20 ga Ruger Red Label, so far so good.  Nice birds as well.  Check your messenger.

songdog

Reaction score
I've really grown to like that 28 ga.  I use it for just about everything except ducks and turkey.

I'm going to ID in about three weeks for pheasant, chukar, huns and grouse and I can't decide if I want to shoot that 28 ga or shoot a 20 ga 1100 Special Field (short barrel, English straight stock).  I've never felt undergunned with the 28 before but a once a year trip to ID would be a bummer if the birds all started flushing at 40 yards.  Then again, if that's the case, I can always borrow a 12 ga from the guys that I'm visiting.

Any votes for or against?

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Great job Songdog, looks like you did good. Nice Red label, I'm looking to buy a 20ga. myself

Top Bottom