Quail seem to have serious problems with rock music.

Cynic

Reaction score
I went quail hunting Saturday. I figured I'd try a new approach, since I've never actually been able to shoot a quail on the wing (shot a few on the head, but never on the wing).

Anyhow, I was crashing around the bushes doing my normal quail call (I usually scream loudly because of all the cactus spines in my shin, but occasionally I mummble to myself). Didn't see, hear or smell any birds, so I started singing some songs at the top of my lungs. A bit of Zepplin, and got into a stunning rendition of Pinball Wizard when all of a sudden I noticed several coveys of quail flying as far away from me as possible, looking back over their shoulders and giving me that same look that people in malls do when I start singing.

Anyhow, to make a short story long, I ran after them and they vanished.

Quail are evil, I think. EVIL. They hate music and they can vanish into thin air. I'm making it my life mission to shoot as many as I can. Just as soon as this poison oak rash heals.

Fubar

Reaction score
Cynic Welcome to Jesses Forum. You might want to check to see if you need to refill your prescription.            Fubar

Maverick

Reaction score
Sorry Fubar. But  Cynic looks to be the comic genius on the post board today. Even though I know that Cynic was telling the truth I have hunted with him before.

(Edited by coveybustinchris at 7:50 pm on Dec. 17, 2001)

Greenhead

Reaction score
Ha! Now that's the funniest thing I've seen on a message board in a long, long time. Well done.

P.S. Quail love the tune "Hot Legs" by Rod Stewart. Just be careful who you sing it around.

birdogman

Reaction score
Hey I think the guy that needs to refill a perscription is coveybustinchris...he's actually hunted with the cynic! I think we needed the cynic to break things up a bit! Welcome!
I think Ozzy Osborne's "Goin' off the Rails of a Crazy Train" might be a good choice!

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Welcome Cynic, would you be up to sharing that prescription. LOL:spin-yellow:

Fubar

Reaction score
Qbn What about ACDCs "Shot Down In Flames"        Fubar

Cynic

Reaction score
birddogman: coveybustinchris's prescriptions are all up to date, I'm sure. He gets this nasty facial twitch when he's off his meds. Haven't noticed him doing that in a while.

ACDC, eh? Not a big fan of ACDC... I figured if you've heard one ACDC song you've heard 'em all. Not entirely true, of course, but all the songs DO have the same excact drum beat.

Picking up a new shotgun Saturday (no more single shot for me.. any idea how frustrating it is to miss your one shot when 20 birds flush?), so I'll get a chance to try some new tunes soon. If you happen to hear someone bellowing out some Credence while you're out hunting, you'll all know I'm out and about.

Nice site, btw.

Fubar

Reaction score
Credence would probably only work on Bob Whites.           Fubar

Mojave

Reaction score
Cynic, they wouldn't fly away, if you would quit gargling with Drano!

rusman66

Reaction score
Rock and Roll is good but if you want to drop them birds out of the sky, try a little Rocky Mountain High.  It worked for John Denver.  Ooo did I say that out loud!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom