Quail?

Papichorizo30

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Aaron. I'm new to hunting just bought all my quail gear and will go when the season opens up I want to hunt the San Bernardino mountains specifically lake Silverwood or any areas around oak glen going twords seven oaks for quail and maybe some dove. I grew up in these areas and have a great respect for these mountains that is why I want to hunt here I know these mountains hold plenty of wild life. If anyone has any tips or spots or anything to help me out please let me know whatever valuable tips you guys can help help me out with will be greatly appreciated thank you👍

quaildeath

Reaction score
I would first down load the CA DFW (G) Guide to Hunting Quail in CA.
The area you mention has lots of quail. Only thing you must do is lay down some boot leather.

quaildeath

Reaction score
Identify water sources. It’s a must. Natural sources or man made guzzlers. Buy a quail call. Improved choke early. Modified late season.

That quail guide was the best thing I found when starting. Actually gives areas to scout. Also, gives the average birds per day per hunter in each area. I believe Kern County still has the highest harvest rate in CA.

Scout now and find some locations. I worked hard for my milk run of honey holes. These are priceless. Got to put on the miles with your feet.

Top Bottom