Quality or not?

overdrawn

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a reasonable digital camera, I found this one on clearance on the net. Wonder if anyone can tell me about it. They list a bunch of accesories, are they needed to use this camera fully? Uninformed on digital use, I dont understand anything they are talking about as far as what this camera can do...help....they mention the use of a Photo genie with the CL50, wonder if that is in the camera or is an accessory??? All I need is to be swindled, any help appreciated.

Availability is limited to on-hand quantities. Orders will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.

Agfa - ePhoto CL-50 Digital Still Camera
Reduced from $549.99! - Clearance $199.99  
Catalog # CLR541020145

In stock - usually ships on the next business day (Mon. - Fri.)

Free Shipping* when order total is $100 or over, excludes clearance  
No Sales Tax  
USA Warranty  
Low Prices & Satisfaction Guaranteed  

One Year ESP for Photographic and Optical Equipment Valued at $100 to $199.99
$15.00  
 Two Year ESP for Photographic and Optical Equipment Valued at $100 to $199.99
$37.50  
may we suggest the following popular accessories:

DigiPower - AC Adapter for Nikon Digital Cameras
$29.95  
DigiPower - External Rechargeable Battery, Connecting Cable and Charger Kit for Digital Cameras
$29.95  
LowePro - ''Digital Resolution'' - 20AW, No Scratch Bag for Digital Cameras
$24.95  
Quantaray - QT II-350 Family Tripod
$29.95  

Batteries NOT Included with this Product! Camera uses (4) AA Batteries

The Agfa ePhoto CL50™ is a high-performing digital camera for business professionals and technology enthusiasts who require ease-of-use combined with advanced features, and a photo-quality, mega-pixel image. With the Agfa PhotoGenie and the CL50, your images can have as high a resolution as 1.9 million pixels (1600 x 1200) ™. The ePhoto CL50 features a 3X optical zoom lens and a 2X digital zoom that works in both capture and playback mode as well as four resolution settings (1600 x 1200 - Super; 1280 x 960 - High; 1280 x 960 - B/W text; 640 x 480 - VGA) and four flash modes. The ePhoto CL50 is distinguished by superb technology and unparalleled image quality. The elegant and sophisticated interface of this camera allows for a high degree of quick and easy exposure control. The 3x zoom lens gets you that much closer to the subject without moving and to save energy, the photographer has the choice of viewfinder shooting or viewing from the LCD. Preprogrammed buttons provide instant mode changes, i.e. flash-on, red eye, off, etc. The ePhoto CL50 is capable of producing 360-degree panoramic shots with its accompanying PhotoWise® software, and you can annotate each photograph with voice for future reminders and record-keeping.

Digital Camera
CCD Resolution: 1.9 million pixels (1600 x 1200 )
Image file size: P-Genie - 1600 x 1200 High – 1280 x 960 pixels Text - 1280 x 960 pixels, b/w Medium (Burst Mode) 640 x 480 pixels Low (VGA) 640 x 480 pixels
File Format: JPEG
Storage Media: SmartMedia 3.3v (8Mb card supplied)
Lens: Equivalent to 34 -102mm (on 35mm camera) + 2x Digital zoom
Shutter Range: 1/2 to 1/500 second
4 Flash modes: Auto, Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-In and Off
LCD Monitor: 2''
Video Output: NTSC
Power: (4) AA Batteries
Dimensions: (W/H/D) 5.1'' x 2.8'' x 2.2''
Weight: 10.6 ounces (without batteries)

Jackalope

Reaction score
I'd probably stay away from that one.  I've seen it on Ebay some but have never heard about it otherwise.  I've looked at digital cameras extensively and finally purchased an Olympus C-3000Z.  What price range are you trying to stay within?

overdrawn

Reaction score
Jesse,
Thanks for posting your reply. Steves review is an excellant one. I will continue to brouse the web and a few stores. I just need to keep up on the good reviews like that one, since I am very much a novice when it comes to digital cameras. Of course I want a decent camera, and at the same time want to get a great buy. I would like to stay at around $300.00 If i read his reviews right, shutter lag, which I know nothing about will cause a pause in the camera actually taking the picture at the moment you push the button. Causing a blurr maybe, because you moved before the shutter did it's thing.
Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom